Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi everyone just joined! My husbands blood sugar was 25.4 it's been high for sometime he was prescribed Gliclizade and SR metaformin his fasting blood glucose today was 14.7 what level will his GP want?
Never mind the gp , ideal bs is 4.4 to 5.8 to avoid neuropathy complications

Reactions: 15 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a 5.9 fasting reading this morning after a 6.0 bedtime one. Of course, I'm back on the 100ml red wine just before I go to bed so maybe that is why I'm under 6 again.

Reactions: 19 people

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 at bedtime, 6.0 just before my breakfast shake, abot a hour after rising.

Reactions: 18 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. I had a 5.9 fasting reading this morning after a 6.0 bedtime one. Of course, I'm back on the 100ml red wine just before I go to bed so maybe that is why I'm under 6 again.
Reckon your right there @WeeFergus. I've gone the other way for now as 100ml would be just the first glug!

Reactions: 10 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning! 5.7 fasting, though was 5.2 last night. Maybe I should take up a night cap ;)

Reactions: 19 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is a fine balance that is required.... I'm finding.

Yeah, so am I (and struggling a bit to find that balance)

I increased my carbs because I simply can't eat enough fat to get the calories to stop me losing weight (It fills me too quickly, which was great when I wanted to lose weight, but I struggle to eat more than 1,500 calories without feeling bloated).

Increasing to 100-150g of carbs has had the effect of helping me eat 2,000 calories a day but at the expense of increased blood sugar.

Life was much easier when I had loads of weight to lose :)

Reactions: 10 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi everyone just joined! My husbands blood sugar was 25.4 it's been high for sometime he was prescribed Gliclizade and SR metaformin his fasting blood glucose today was 14.7 what level will his GP want?

Those are very high blood glucose levels!

It's encouraging that they have reduced so much.

I would suggest to not worry too much about fasting blood glucose levels at this point. I would suggest it's better to focus on pre and post (2 hours after eating) prandial readings. Adjust meals so that the difference is no greater than 2 mmol / L - it's an iterative process but, one I found very worthwhile.

Have a good look around the website this form is based on - it has a wealth of trustworthy information to start from.

Ask as many questions as you have - the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. ;)

One last piece of advise, if I may, don't lower your husband's readings too fast.

That may seem a strange comment but, I know I lowered mine too fast and experienced false hypos and blurred vision because of it. Neither of which were pleasant and both were quite worrying at the time.

I later found out I could have damaged my eyes by doing that - luckily, they seem to have tolerated the drama.

Oh, yes, welcome to the forum. I've generally found the members here to be incredibly knowledgable and helpful and most of all friendly.

Reactions: 16 people

Merrylizard1314

Day65 ND (Thurs) 4.2 at 6.15am
Very cold this morning, -3 degrees, frosted ground, hard for running, and absolutely no one about on the hill, except kangaroos and an echidna wombling along in a self-absorbed kind of way.
Ketones 1.0 disappointing, but not as bad as it could have been, I was expecting to be 0.3 , with a long haul before me,
It is late evening now, and I am going to try for an early night. So, farewell, lovely people. Keep well.

Reactions: 17 people
Status
Not open for further replies.