Been on metformin mr for 3 months

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
On metforminmr 5oomg going have it increased to 1 gram today will side affects be worst with the inccreace

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It can affect different people in different ways... Did make me very unwell after each increase... Off them now due to good bs control

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Well done I was unwell at first not to bad now but don't fancy the increase

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Remember to take them with food ... Think that can help stop some of the side effects ..

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
They not very nice tablets I take it with food in the evening

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It side effects do ware off after a while :)

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Oh so glad I'm doing better with the diet so hopefully won't be on them 2 long

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. If you are already on Metformin SR (Slow Release) you will probably not notice anything. I've always been on SR so have never had a problem in 10 years even on max dose. If you and others have problems that don't fade after a few weeks then do insist on having the SR version which I find I can take at any time

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I was lucky only had a few tummy cramps when I first started , I take them with food my main meal of an evening and been ok so far JJ

broads

Hi. If you are already on Metformin SR (Slow Release) you will probably not notice anything. I've always been on SR so have never had a problem in 10 years even on max dose. If you and others have problems that don't fade after a few weeks then do insist on having the SR version which I find I can take at any time
Hi Daibell. Could you please tell me what time of day you take your Metformin. I have been on SL for about three weeks now and am taking it in the evening but would prefer taking it in the morning with breakfast. Any comments please? Thank you.

julieemma

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
I take mine late afternoon and feel so unwell since up dose last week feel very tired sick and headaches