Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itchyfeet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

A whopping 9.0 for me today , couldn't resist that slice of toffee cheesecake ...... I will next time ....... lol :rolleyes::(:eek:

Reactions: 17 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lower than usual (high sixes) at 6.1 this morning. Probably something to do with the heavy gardening I did yesterday. :)

Reactions: 18 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
5.5 this morning

Did you test after 2 hours - you may have been surprised! I ate something the other day that was pre 5.6, 1 hour after 9.0 :nailbiting:, 2 hours after 7.1 but 3 hours after 5.8

No, unfortunately, I didn't. I would have been asleep. The 1 hour post prandial was my bed time test.

I figured the 2 hour reading would be just about in the acceptable range and as it was a one off test I was comfortable just sleeping it off.

Reactions: 6 people

Welshgooner

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tottenham and High BS scores
5.4 Saturday
4.9 Sunday
7.1 Today

Note to self - must drink more lager - seems to work wonders after having it Friday and Saturday and dry yesterday

lost 3/4 of a stone in just over 2 weeks :)

Reactions: 24 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting BG reading of 6.8 this morning after a bedtime one of 6.6.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning all

Slightly higher 5.7 for me today - must try the "drink more Lager" tip above!

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

After 2 months of eating seriously bad and not testing, my BG's seem randomly fine but the weight is creeping on, so back to the straight and narrow and looking forward to losing more weight again to see the effect on my BG's.

I had to cancel my blood tests and nurse appointments over the last months when I was meant to have my first tests after losing weight with low carbing, so I have no idea how things really are.

I will be testing again more frequently, my very random tests over the last few months had all been ok (5's-6's)... I have been eating all the naughty stuff: cake, pizza, chips, you name it... it is soooooo easy to get off the wagon when you are under stress and not at home most of the time...

So back on track although I have a challenging two weeks ahead...

Reactions: 25 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all :)

A nice n steady 4.7 this morning.

Nearly finished the ND - only 9 days left :)
@ scottish-jimWhat is the benefit of the ND?....I don't quite understand it....the way you go on it and then come off it after a set period of time. What does it achieve and what way do you eat after you come off it?

Reactions: 5 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.....5.3 this morning...enjoyed not testing quite so often yesterday....the tests I did do were perfect :) The higher one this morning is down to the bag of scratchings I ate at 11pm...was starving so indulged myself :rolleyes:

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 Saturday
4.9 Sunday
7.1 Today

Note to self - must drink more lager - seems to work wonders after having it Friday and Saturday and dry yesterday

I have been avoiding beer with the understanding it does have carbs in it whereas dry wine has relatively little. Indeed according to info I have a pint of Fosters lager has almost 18g carbs compared to a glass of red wine at 0-4g depending on sweetness.

Reactions: 4 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 Saturday
4.9 Sunday
7.1 Today

That's a lot of weight! Good stuff.

Given @nomistheman Cornetto experiment I don't think I'll go anywhere near Beer.... but it's looking good for you.

Reactions: 2 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
5.4 Saturday
4.9 Sunday
7.1 Today

That proposed policy is not a good idea as, I believe, what is really happening is your liver is so busy processing the alcahol that it delays responding to the carbs in the lager - you may find you're spiking ala "Pizza Effect?"

Reactions: 6 people

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.9 got to give up the fags ,throat is killing me this morn.
I gave up years ago but it took several attempts. You could think about weening yourself off using a vapor device and reducing the load over time. Or try patches. Might be worth speaking to your GP at there are sometimes funded programmes. Just a thought.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.