What's your post lunch blood sugar level this afternoon?

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Some thing going on today had a pre lunch of 7.7 and post of 7.5 even pre dinner was 7.4 :(

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I feel tempted to respond in depth and ask lots of questions re some posts, so if people could start new threads about issues they are having, that might be better. Then I can ask away to my heart's content without fear of taking this thread off topic. Thanks :)

Reactions: 6 people

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
My highest reading today almost 3hours after a very carb laden brunch was 5.6

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some thing going on today had a pre lunch of 7.7 and post of 7.5 even pre dinner was 7.4 :(
I spend a lot of my time higher (low to mid 7s) than I'd prefer, but if I'm not spiking post meal, I'm reasonably happy - I'd rather this than bigger ups and downs. I also spend some days quite high until dinner time and later when it goes down again.
I'm on pretty low carb diet, and I think sometimes my liver does a nice big dump to top me up for the day...:eek:

Robbity

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Errm - to be really useful/helpful I think we need to see both pre and post meal levels - one figure on its own doesn't really tell very much (about spikes) even when it is a nice low one...:wideyed:

Robbity

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
O.k. Robbity, my previous lunch reading was 5.2 lunch was 2 slices boiled ham & 1/4 frittata + garden salad 6.1 after

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm ashamed to admit that I can better(!) @oldman1954 's high readings:
8.2 pre lunch -> 7.9 post lunch

I've been extra high all day - starting with a high fasting level due to naughty midnight snack, high pre meal reading due this plus a walk to the post office liver dump, and back to 8.2 before dinner but down a bit to 7.0 post dinner. So nice and flat like his but at much too high levels...

Robbity

Reactions: 4 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I'm ashamed to admit that I can better(!) @oldman1954 's high readings:
8.2 pre lunch -> 7.9 post lunch

I've been extra high all day - starting with a high fasting level due to naughty midnight snack, high pre meal reading due this plus a walk to the post office liver dump, and back to 8.2 before dinner but down a bit to 7.0 post dinner. So nice and flat like his but at much too high levels...

Robbity
I think I read somewhere on the forum that the liver only dumps glucose after 5 hours of fasting. My hunch is that a high carb snack or meal probably keeps things high for about a day? I also think that your levels may come down as you lose weight, as that's what happened with me.

Reactions: 3 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today I was 4.8 before a lunch of 2 Turkey&chicken burgers and a hard-boiled egg then 6.0 after

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I missed measuring before, as I came home super hungry after a good run in the park and then 3 hours of shopping in the city (including walking all the way up to my home with heavy shopping bags full of veg, meat and shoes ;)). I ate a really large meal and got to 4.9 a bit more than two hours later, and after a little nap.

Reactions: 4 people

Interaud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty, dishonesty, spiders
Hello guys
Lately my PLBS level keeps fluctuating...one day it is high...and one day it is low...
So I had this idea of creating a thread for this....
we can comment what's our BG level one or two hours after meal and if we are ok with or not...
I hope this works and might be helpful for everyone...

I'll start

Today it was 8.7 mmol for me...which is okay
What about u?
Mine was 3.7 (was very active houseworking after breakfast - 5.1 pre-brekkie) so had a bit more than usual at around 11.50 am (slice of wholemeal bread with LO carb content spreading cheese, organic yoghurt and couple of teaspoons Mocha). Rose to 7.4 prior to tea. Next check due before bed and I hope it's back to the 5ish mark!

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I actually remembered to test my BS after lunch yesterday and it came in at 5.5 so I was happy as I was feeling down all day and I ate a lot of things I shouldn't have.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Today it was 4.2 before lunch and 5.1 after

Emma158

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was 4.2 after a lunch of salmon, salad and 2 slices of wholemeal bread.....

Reactions: 3 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Monday morning was stress central pushed levels up I think
Pre lunch 4.8 after lunch 6.4 back down to 5.4 an hour later