Someone to talk to

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi i'm a type 1 diabetic and have been for 14 years.

Was just wondering if anyone wanted to talk as I don't know anyone who has diabetes.

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, lots of people to chat to on the forum. Actually we all know people who are diabetics but don't talk about it for one reason or another. Mrs DeeJay's cousin stayed with us for two days recently and although she knew I was a T2 she didn't reveal that she was also T2 until the 2nd day. Pity it's such a secret.
I'm giving this a bump so some T1s can join in.
Good luck with the not-smoking project btw :) I've managed to give up for 35 years so far.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its hard to find people with diabetes to talk to, i just dont know anyone at all, would be nice to have a chat, and wow thank you

Reactions: 5 people

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hiya - happy to have a chat with you ? Will drop you a PM ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Hannah, it can be difficult at times, but just wanted to say hello and I can imagine how you are feeling, as I have been through a bad time lately.
Lots of lovely helpful and supportive members on here. Take care x

AdamF

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm having a bad time of it at the moment and it is hard when there's no one to discuss problems with, or who know how ill/sad/hopeless this disease can make us feel. This is the best place to come for advice and help.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah you definitely need to have someone who understands what you're going through, always here if you need a chat :)

S

Shar67

Hi Hannah, glad you found the forum, just jump right in, there's usually lots of little threads or some of the games, of course the healthy threads, diets and recipes, and people the same age as yourself, too oldies like me, but the beauty of it we have a major thing in common, there are lots if people here that just make it really good DeejayR being one of them. Oh and sometimes you may stumble into a thread that has TMI but no bodily function is excluded as long as language is kept clean, if you have a problem or have info how to help don't be shy we are here to be support to each other.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi Hannah
welcome to the forum :)
D is a lonely place sometimes but this forum deffo helps to keep perspective

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
welcome to the forums, I joined this site a few month back and tbh it,s the best thing Ive done

newest

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cricket
hi Hannah, know how you feel, it is a relief to talk to someone who knows exactly what you are going through.on this forum there is so much knowledge about the condition, I was so glad I found it, the people on here have helped in so many ways, I truly am grateful for the input you receive when asking for advice, it's right.

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome Hannah, you can talk about anything on the forums and there are lots of us type I's who can help and support you or just chat and discuss.Look forward to hearing from you again. I have been diabetic since I was 5.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No matter what type you are there is always someone to listen and help when the going gets tough and to have just a chat with when it's all going good. Welcome to the forum....no need to feel isolated or lonely anymore :)

Arsenal_1987

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Da only place ive really learnt alot about diabetes is on ere and at the hospital talkin to oldies dat have had it for years.. Always been a great help though even if it did scare me hearin some of the horror stories people have been thru.. but ive noticed da waiting rooms are always full of da mre mature types rather den ppl my age

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If anybody would like to chat message me:)
I would be happy to chat with you Hannah. Have been diabetic since 5 years however mature now as in my 50's but lots of experiences good and sometimes bad over the years but still healthy.