Paradigm REAL-Time

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Some current and future continuous glucose monitoring products include:

FreeStyle Navigator (recently approved by the FDA)
Medtronic Minimed Paradigm Real Time Continuous Glucose Monitor
The Guardian by Medtronic Minimed
Dexcom SEVEN CGM
GlucoDay S (released in 2001, may not still be available)
Senzime (future)
There may be others still in the pipeline ?

You will have to check each one out individually unless someeone knows something about them ?

jonesy

i think you're talking about just glucose monitors. i was asking about a combined pump and monitor.
but, thanks anyway.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
No. It looks like it is the only one at present. I'm sure some other companies are developing similar devices.

icarusman

Animas and Dexcom are currently working on a combined pump and CGM, and it should be ready in the not too distant future (according to one of thier reps). Sounds like a winning combo to me. I'm hoping that they get it out before I finally get approval. :?

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Omnipod also has agreements with dexcom and navigator and are supposed to be working on integrated systems. Omnipod isn't yet available in Europe but they did get an EU mark earlier in the year so presumably are looking to expand their market.

So at the moment I think that minmed is the only choice but in a couple of years the picture may be very different.

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
It's worth delving into the small print and trying to find out what they actually measure and how they do so. The Medtronic system has been around for a while now, and as far as I know is based on "1st generation CGM". It measures glucose levels in interstitial fluid, and consequently is not completely accurate, one reason why it's not normally funded. Also can be up to around 20 minutes behind the blood glucose level, depending on where the sensor is sited and other factors. Although it seems to have settled down now, when I first had mine I might as well have been monitoring my neighbour, the sensor readings bore little relation to meter values.

I have read elsewhere that the Medtronic system is known to be the least accurate of what's currently available. But it's better than nothing, and these things always seem to progress fairly rapidly.

bowness15

Thanks for the information, which CGM's that have a pump with them are in the top range of availability these days then? :?

Choices are so hard these days? :|