Can u have grapefruit while taking victoza.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all,

Can I still eat grapefruit while taking Victoza injections 1.6 per day I meant to ask ages ago n forgot.

I went to see Consultant last Thursday n he said carry on with what you are doing my A1c is down from 80 to 59 so really plased.
I seem to be getting s lot of indigestion these past couple of weeks only been eating healthy foods ect:

Diligent500.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Hi to all,

Can I still eat grapefruit while taking Victoza injections 1.6 per day I meant to ask ages ago n forgot.

I went to see Consultant last Thursday n he said carry on with what you are doing my A1c is down from 80 to 59 so really plased.
I seem to be getting s lot of indigestion these past couple of weeks only been eating healthy foods ect:

Diligent500.
I've done a search for "grapefruit" at the victoza entry on drugs.com and nothing came up. If you're still worried, ask a pharmacist.

The entry said indigestion and heartburn are possible side effects of victoza. You might want to discuss it with your doctor or nurse, as medication for heartburn might help.

JIMBO1944

I've done a search for "grapefruit" at the victoza entry on drugs.com and nothing came up. If you're still worried, ask a pharmacist.

The entry said indigestion and heartburn are possible side effects of victoza. You might want to discuss it with your doctor or nurse, as medication for heartburn might help.

I asked Pharmacist what I should miss fruit wise she checked everything (including Victoza ) told me not to take grapefruit as I take Statin.

JohnPhoto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noise and litter.
Hi to all,

Diligent500.

JohnPhoto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noise and litter.
The only comment I can make about grapefruit is that you should not eat it if you are taking Statins. As for Victoza I suffer badly from indigestion on 1.6, so badly that I asked to be taken off. The comment was yes I could come off but the benefits were so great that I should continue if I could bear it. I agreed to continue, after a bit it got so bad that I contacted one of my wonderful diabetic nurses and agreed to reduce my dose to 1.2 until I felt well enough to increase it back to 1.6. This seems to work for me, I seem to be able to reduce for about a week and then increase for about four weeks before having to reduce again. This might possibly be an avenue worth exploring with your care team.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Thankyou I never thought of that.

Diligent500.