Not really a recipe but so tasty:)

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaning for moanings sake!!
I just found a nice ripe Avocado ...not very keen on them but trying to get them into my diet. Anyway....I scooped it out and mashed it up...added a tin of tuna to it with a little salt and white pepper ....mixed it all up and made some patties out of it. Put a tiny bit of butter in a pan and fried them a few minutes on quite a high heat until crispy and browned.....had them with a salad and have to say it was quite a tasty treat :) It managed to make something I don't like into something quite tasty :) Simple and reasonably healthy :)
Iv never liked avocado either but mixed mine with a boiled egg today then a dollop of mayo, then sprinkled prawns on top was sooo filling!

Reactions: 5 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Iv never liked avocado either but mixed mine with a boiled egg today then a dollop of mayo, then sprinkled prawns on top was sooo filling!

Yum!!!

Malsange

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
has anyone tried this: it is really good :)
1/3 can drained white flaked tuna
2 eggs
some salt, pepper, crushed pepper flakes, or Mrs. Dash extra spicy
1/3 cup grated cheese ( I used mild Mexicali)
1 tbsp. coconut oil
In a small stick free fry pan, add oil, and tuna, saute for about 3 or so min., at med. heat
mix up the 2 eggs like for scrambled, add to the tuna and oil, mix until almost done, add cheese, mix until it is done.
You can add some cooked peas or fry up a small amount of gr. pepper right before adding the cheese.
Enjoy :)

Reactions: 4 people

Evelynross

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't like avocado but I'm going to try this. Anyone know where to get Panko breadcrumbs?

Ceres

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did them yesterday with onion added and then rolled them in ground almonds.....fried them in butter till they were brown and crispy on the outside and they were delicious both hot and cold

I made these tonight for dinner ('breaded' with almond meal) and really enjoyed them! Thanks so much for the idea, @Gezzabelle!

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am thinking that sliced avocado would work inside moussaka, instead of potato.
Am I mad?
Or am I a genius?

Will tell you after I make the next mega batch of moussaka...

Reactions: 3 people

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I am thinking that sliced avocado would work inside moussaka, instead of potato.
Am I mad?
Or am I a genius?

Will tell you after I make the next mega batch of moussaka...
Can anyone tell me how bullet proof coffee is made & what are fat balls?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you go to the bulletproof coffee website (he has it trademarked!) you can find the basic recipe.

But really, it is just good quality black coffee, unsalted butter and coconut butter, blended together, when hot.

It drinks just like a latte, in my experience.

And there are thousands of recipes for different flavours of fat balls - i usually do a google search for lc fat bombs, which throws up a Pinterest page. Then i pick the most appealing picture. :D

amanda19640

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
If you go to the bulletproof coffee website (he has it trademarked!) you can find the basic recipe.

But really, it is just good quality black coffee, unsalted butter and coconut butter, blended together, when hot.

It drinks just like a latte, in my experience.

And there are thousands of recipes for different flavours of fat balls - i usually do a google search for lc fat bombs, which throws up a Pinterest page. Then i pick the most appealing picture. :D
Thank you x

Abbiec12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Salmon, avocado burgers with a little added ground almond....fried in butter. (mashed avocado and mixed in tinned salmon, ground almond to bind it a little, seasoning and put in fridge to chill before making into burger shape and frying in butter ) Delicious :)View attachment 13838

They look amazing! I sooo need to try this!

Reactions: 2 people