A day in the life of a T1D...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
rub it in why don't you @BeccyB :rolleyes:
Thankfully I don't take the train, but just a thought that we should include what we sometimes don't do because of diabetes (not that it should stop us doing most things!)
I think it should be a 'normal' working day for most.

I am on the buses non stop, so the countryside buses on a Monday, that should be fun :banghead::rolleyes::D nearly always late and sometimes they don't turn up ....... but that's the scream thread really ;)

Reactions: 4 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
No reason not to. A week today folks. Get your recording hats prepared!

Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
likewise -- am on the case with pen in hand :)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well guys, just a few hours to go. Get your recording hats on and make a note of every time you think about or do something relating to T1D tomorrow on Monday 16th November! Lots of you said you were in... Here we go!

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I will try and do this, lots going on regarding my elderly dad. Will write as much as possible :)

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Am in.
Had an unexpectedly high blood sugar this morning, so that's a good start! :banghead::)

rachel162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah I'm in as well...starting at 1am when my CGM alarm went off to tell me I was low! Could be an interesting day...

Reactions: 2 people

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm typing up my day as I go, except it isn't going well with regards BS control, hey ho!

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm really not having a great day...in so many ways...late night hypo's...early morning highs...forgotten test strips...spare meters with dead batteries...and tears before breakfast...this is a diabetes day from hell...mine will sound like a total whinging session...for that reason I'm wondering if I should start again tomorrow instead...what do you guys think?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
no stick with it Natalie! We all have bad days for one reason or another although your day does sound 'interesting' and would love to read the post match write up!

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm really not having a great day...in so many ways...late night hypo's...early morning highs...forgotten test strips...spare meters with dead batteries...and tears before breakfast...this is a diabetes day from hell...mine will sound like a total whinging session...for that reason I'm wondering if I should start again tomorrow instead...what do you guys think?

Stick with it! Although we do have good days, a bad day is a common/occasional occurrence for us, so let's tell it how it is. Why wouldn't we? It's not whinging, it's life with diabetes.... ;)

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well said. I've moved back to a very low carb diet today after having a fair few carbs and my meal time timing is completely off, so I've not had the smoothest of rides either. Document it all. I'll start a topic in this forum section so people can post their days in the life.