1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

1 week till i get my Omnipod...

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by Liverpoolinot, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Liverpoolinot

Liverpoolinot Type 1 · Member

Hi All,
    I feel like a kid at christmas. You know that feeling, when your control is nil and you just need action to take back control of your sugars? Well action finally happened and i'm prepping to get my pod a week tomorrow.
    2016 has been THE WORST. 12 years with Diabetes before it really started to kick my butt. But i remain optimistic and am seeking your tips, advice and general knowledge on the Omnipod please.
    Toni x

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi there
    that is fab news on getting your pump
    I use the omnipod ( for the last 10 months )
    and I love it.
    it took a lot of hard work at the beginning ( about 6 weeks ) to get all my basal rates correctly set.
    and i still test very frequently to ensure BG's are staying in range.
    If i remember -- you have a freestyle libre so that should prove invaluable in getting all the settings on the pump right for you.

Your DSN should play a huge part as well and you should be pestering her non stop - My DSN and I spoke on the phone twice a week for the first 4 weeks.

I am tagging @noblehead as he is on an omnipod too.

all the best and keep us posted on how you are getting on.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good luck and all the best with your new pump, I hope you can get better control with a more positive future. There are a lot of helpful pumpers about and I bet you are counting the days and the minutes down :)
    Take care :)

• Like Like x 5
  4. Snapsy

Snapsy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yay to the action @Liverpoolinot - and the start of Omnipod life! I have a pump (not the Omnipod) and pumping will I'm sure make a difference!

As @himtoo says it's a few weeks of hard work to start with - but just keep the faith, put up with the (excuse me for this) initial inevitable '***?' moments and look forward to the path ahead.

Wishing you all the absolute best - do keep us posted with news of how it's all going!

:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Liverpoolinot

Liverpoolinot Type 1 · Member

Thanks so much everyone. I'm about to start the final year of my degree so I need to get my house in order so I can focus on that. Hoping to have some sort of handle on things by the time I start back at the end of September. Gives me 2 months of absolute focus on the pod. It can't be any worse than these last few months, I know that much.
    I'll keep this thread posted and im sure i'll fire some questions as and when they begin to arise... which I'm sure they will!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Good luck and great news - don't expect miracle early on though as takes a while to adjust but hopefully 2 months in and things will definately be looking alot better ;)

• Like Like x 4
  7. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook