1 year of T2

Firefly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I figured I would provide an update. Diagnosed with T2 in August of 2022. Went full force to reduce my A1c of 12.5 and weight of 228lbs.

Diet, exercise and 500mg of Metformin. Quit sugar, ice cream, alcohol, bread, pasta and snacks cold turkey. LCHF diet only. Eggs, chicken, beef, turkey, fish, salads and down to 172 lbs.

Dropped my A1c to 6.8 in 2 months. Developed Treatment Induced Neuropathy which was scary and painful to say the least. I year later, A1c at 5.5 and TIND is slowly getting better. TIND was scariest part as I had no symptoms of neuropathy at diagnosis.

Moral of the story is it can be done.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dropped my A1c to 6.8 in 2 months. Developed Treatment Induced Neuropathy which was scary and painful to say the least. I year later, A1c at 5.5 and TIND is slowly getting better. TIND was scariest part as I had no symptoms of neuropathy at diagnosis.

Great news & consider that the nerve issues you endured may have been partly the result of returning sensation.
Like the boiling frog we may no feel the slow loss of sensation overtime, but we sure feel it when it returns.
This was me experience, I became hyper sensitive if anything but all resolved after a year of good control.
Congrats again

Paule Foster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I figured I would provide an update. Diagnosed with T2 in August of 2022. Went full force to reduce my A1c of 12.5 and weight of 228lbs.

Diet, exercise and 500mg of Metformin. Quit sugar, ice cream, alcohol, bread, pasta and snacks cold turkey. LCHF diet only. Eggs, chicken, beef, turkey, fish, salads and down to 172 lbs.

Congratulations that is inspiring. Sorry to hear about the TIND & hope it continues to improve.

Paule Foster

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations that is inspiring. Sorry to hear about the TIND & hope it continues to improve.

Congratulations that’s amazing progress & a lot of hard work. Sorry about the neuropathy & hope it has improved now. Can I ask, have you had any problems with your eyesight? I’ve lost weight & reduced blood glucose significantly since July & it had really affected my eyesight.

Reactions: Firefly1