18 and so over this stuff '

RochelleC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been a T1 Diabetic for 7 years now, I have high bloodpressure asthma and depression.

I'm so negative about this, I can't even deal anymore.
Anybody feeling the same, drop me a message!

#okayi'mdone

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there @RochelleC
i can totally relate to how you feel - it is so hard not only being you and trying to live your life but also dealing with the added sh*t of D and its associated fun ( not )
i know I am an oldie ( been D for 43 years) but if you need a non judgemental shoulder I am around most of the time
tagging @becky.ford93 ( she is closer to your age and is pretty cool too :) )

Reactions: 6 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
sorry - not pestering but noticed you are on a pump -- what pump you on ? -- i just started on an omnipod 3 weeks ago-- been struggling with it but it is no injections now -- which is great haha:cool:

RochelleC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm on the new minimed pump (640 G) that works with the sensor technology, it's wayyyy better than injections :p
What is a omnipod? Haha

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
omnipod is a tubeless pump -- i just attach this little pod to me and it communicates with the hand held controller
if you do a youtube search there are loads of videos showing peeps changing their pods

RochelleC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow that's so cool though.

Where do you stay? I don't think we have those where I stay.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
my hospital is in wrexham in north wales

not all hospitals offer all the pumps

Fayefaye1429

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Rochelle c I can sympathise. I guess maybe breaking it down like is it physical or emotional support that might help

Reactions: 2 people

becky.ford93

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no experience with pumps but I feel your pain, I definitely have the odd "how am I supposed to live with this?" day here and there. But there are tonnes of people on here who've managed to keep going with it for years and I take that as an inspiration. It must be hard having multiple conditions, sadly we seem prone to that as autoimmune sufferers. I dodged a bullet when I was nearly diagnosed with underactive thyroid but luckily since the first blood test things have levelled out (though I'm doubtful I'll be that lucky forever!). Take each day as it comes, it will get better :) message me if you need a rant!

ConradJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The hassle and ignorance of diabetes.
Hey @RochelleC

Like all those above, I feel your pain - and know how the pain feels! I've just come back onto the forum after a break of a few months... today (Saturday, October 31st, 2015) is exactly 39 years to the day I was carried into Freedom Fields Hospital in Plymouth (long since demolished, sadly) at deaths door...

I was semi-conscious throughout both the journey and procedures that the medical team took to keep me alive... another hour and I would probably never have survived.

I don't see myself as being fortunate - except that I live in the UK where the essential, life-sustaining support is provided "free at the point of delivery", and it has been a real, hard slog at times... many, many times actually, over the years.

That said, I've experienced amazing advances in technology, meds and information that provide all of us here with endless opportunities for living life much more fully and diversely than ever considered possible when I was in my teens (the 1980's); furthermore, the developments in the scientific world towards finding alternative treatment methods, including the artificial pancreas, and islet cell transplants, etc., give me hope that people of your age will see a far-off future become personal reality within the next decade.

As @becky.ford93 says, there are many others around on this forum (and not) who've lived with this damned thing for much longer, and - like her - I take them as an inspiration.

Don't give up (or give up hope of a better day)... this world is far too beautiful and exciting to pass up on.

If you need to talk, rant, scream, shout, cry... we're all here, and will hear you... and if you need to do so to someone in person then contact your diabetes team and they should be able to put you in touch with someone local, which can be a real help.

danni2001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah I know how you feel I've had this for 11 years and it annoys me I have to change my diabetic insulin pump every 3 days and I'm like ugh I can't take it anymore but I keep thinking I just want to I want to be well and make sure I'm getting my insulin and if it's got me this far you can also do it if I can so I'm here if u need advice