1st 3 month check, wish me luck!

Metabolism_Boss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reality TV shows. Celebrities that are famous for being famous
Well it sounds like you should see a marked improvement. Best of luck.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Good luck. I used to dread the old HbA1c. Sleepless nights. Cold sweats. Deterioration meant I would be on insulin. Now that's happened and I'm finally on insulin, I'm not sure what I'm going to think about my next blood test in 3 months time.

Reactions: debsf1mad

debsf1mad

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being hungry and not being able to eat what I like!
DSN really pleased with my progress, she was very supportive of my not wanting to take the meds, the one I saw previously was quite negative about the low carb way so I felt somewhat smug to have lowered my hba1c to 47 (was 54 not 51 as I first thought) and cholesterol down to normal levels. I was asked when I wanted to go next time and I've opted for another check in 3 months, target hba1c 43 and another stone off. So happy!!!!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Well done! Shake up some champagne F1 style!

debsf1mad

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being hungry and not being able to eat what I like!
Cheers everyone. Kizza, I considered it but didn't want to shell out any more money, prescriptions costing me £18 a month, £30 for exercise classes and testing strips every few weeks. Feel like I'm managing without for now.....

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Downwards - a good direction for most of us! I always think that waiting for an HbA1c is like waiting for exam results i.e. has my hard work paid off? Good luck!

Reactions: Prem51