1st Annual Review

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Following on from my post of a few days ago I had my review today and .. my Diabetic Nursie was lovely. I told her I was committed to LCHF, 16:8 intermittent fasting and my daily exercise regime. Her response was simple "Well, it's obviously working so carry on doing whatever you're doing" .. the very words that I have been waiting to hear.
She also said my numbers were great (below pre-diabetic range), my exercise "mix" was ideal and my feet were fine. She is now setting up another blood test and appt for 3 months on and she said she was pretty sure that I will be able to come off meds if things continue to progress .. it seemed a bit unfair to tell her that I had not been taking either my statins or metformin for the past few weeks .. so I kept quiet about this (for now).

She was also very pleased with the graphs that I had brought showing my daily BG levels and BP for the past 3 months .. so pleased, in fact, that she is going to get them scanned and put on my records so that they can be seen by "all the team".

All in all, an excellent day and I'm a happy, happy man .. now I have to ring the family and, particularly, my grandaughters with the news :D:D

See updated sig below