1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

1st HbA1C And Brittle Diabetic

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by teasytux, Jun 7, 2011.

1. teasytux

teasytux Type 1 · Active Member

Hi Everyone :)

I haven't posted for a while but just wanted to let the forum know my first pump HbA1c result.

I started pumping on the 7th February 2011 and the blood test taken 1st June 2011. My MDI HbA1C results were always conflicted with tens of hypos, resulting in usually a 6.3/6.5% but only because of the many hypos. My pumping HbA1c with a handful of lows (3.8/9 whilst tweaking) was 6.7% or 50mmol! :shock: I am quite pleased and 48 mmol is the recommended baseline to aim for. Oh, I have peripheral and autonomic neuropathy, retinopathy and kidney protein leakage on/off plus all the gastro problems etc.. considered Brittle Diabetic.
    I want to let anyone know that if you have diabetic problems and really work on your control and carb count things do slow down and start to even out, not 100% but its progress. I was told in 1999 that I wouldn't live to see 2006 unless I sorted myself out and that's what I've concentrated on, I owed it to my children. I turned 40 the other week, an age as a child I never thought I would get to. Best wishes to you all,
    Teasy :D

Some Shocking statistics I recently found stored away on my PC - from 9/2/2009 - 31/12/2009 I had 463 Hypo's! :(

When all around is darkness look for the light and it will find you.

2. sugar2

sugar2 · Well-Known Member

Teasy,

That is absolutely fabulous! I love teh teh stability a pump gives me as well, and like your self, my HbA1C didn't drop very much (at first) but the lack of hypos and consequent hypers was great.

Happy birthday by the way and hope you enjoy many, many more. :D

3. ebony321

ebony321 · Well-Known Member

Fantastic news :)

It's great to hear when things turn out great like that, very inspirational to read :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook