1st HbA1C And Brittle Diabetic

teasytux

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Everyone :)

I haven't posted for a while but just wanted to let the forum know my first pump HbA1c result.

I started pumping on the 7th February 2011 and the blood test taken 1st June 2011. My MDI HbA1C results were always conflicted with tens of hypos, resulting in usually a 6.3/6.5% but only because of the many hypos. My pumping HbA1c with a handful of lows (3.8/9 whilst tweaking) was 6.7% or 50mmol! :shock: I am quite pleased and 48 mmol is the recommended baseline to aim for. Oh, I have peripheral and autonomic neuropathy, retinopathy and kidney protein leakage on/off plus all the gastro problems etc.. considered Brittle Diabetic.
I want to let anyone know that if you have diabetic problems and really work on your control and carb count things do slow down and start to even out, not 100% but its progress. I was told in 1999 that I wouldn't live to see 2006 unless I sorted myself out and that's what I've concentrated on, I owed it to my children. I turned 40 the other week, an age as a child I never thought I would get to. Best wishes to you all,
Teasy :D

Some Shocking statistics I recently found stored away on my PC - from 9/2/2009 - 31/12/2009 I had 463 Hypo's! :(

When all around is darkness look for the light and it will find you.

sugar2

Teasy,

That is absolutely fabulous! I love teh teh stability a pump gives me as well, and like your self, my HbA1C didn't drop very much (at first) but the lack of hypos and consequent hypers was great.

Happy birthday by the way and hope you enjoy many, many more. :D

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
teasytux said:
Hi Everyone :)

I haven't posted for a while but just wanted to let the forum know my first pump HbA1c result.

I started pumping on the 7th February 2011 and the blood test taken 1st June 2011. My MDI HbA1C results were always conflicted with tens of hypos, resulting in usually a 6.3/6.5% but only because of the many hypos. My pumping HbA1c with a handful of lows (3.8/9 whilst tweaking) was 6.7% or 50mmol! :shock: I am quite pleased and 48 mmol is the recommended baseline to aim for. Oh, I have peripheral and autonomic neuropathy, retinopathy and kidney protein leakage on/off plus all the gastro problems etc.. considered Brittle Diabetic.
I want to let anyone know that if you have diabetic problems and really work on your control and carb count things do slow down and start to even out, not 100% but its progress. I was told in 1999 that I wouldn't live to see 2006 unless I sorted myself out and that's what I've concentrated on, I owed it to my children. I turned 40 the other week, an age as a child I never thought I would get to. Best wishes to you all,
Teasy :D

Some Shocking statistics I recently found stored away on my PC - from 9/2/2009 - 31/12/2009 I had 463 Hypo's! :(

When all around is darkness look for the light and it will find you.

Fantastic news :)

It's great to hear when things turn out great like that, very inspirational to read :)