1st long distance Fun Run completed

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,

Just wanted to reach out to you all and say thanks for all the support since I joined the Forum back in August.

I’ve learnt so much from you all, firstly all about the Libre and low carbing which has totally changed my life, along with all my other queries!

If it wasn’t for you guys I definitely wouldn’t have my T1 under such improved control and I definitely wouldn’t have had the confidence to run an 8.5 mile ‘fun’ run today.

My main goal was to complete the distance without hypoing which was my main worry. I totally did that, with a half decent time (1 hour 33). I have only ever run 10k and last time I did this had a pretty bad hypo so thanks again for all the advice.

I finished on 6.9mmol which was great for me. I’ve been trending high since but I would guess this is dehydration and adrenaline at play so I’m being careful not to over correct and trying to ride it out!

Thank you!
IMG_8977.jpg

Reactions: gemma_T1

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@mytype1.life . I haven't awarded one of these for along time.
You are officially a " TOP BANANA " it's just a little something in recognition of achieving a bit more than is normal.
Myself and another member who sadly no longer posts would flag up special achievers and present the award.
Well done you.:)

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@mytype1.life . I haven't awarded one of these for along time.
You are officially a " TOP BANANA " it's just a little something in recognition of achieving a bit more than is normal.
Myself and another member who sadly no longer posts would flag up special achievers and present the award.
Well done you.:)

Woohooo! Thank you.

Thanks for your advice - Malt loaf saved the day at the 10k point where I had a vertical downward arrow on my Libre and still a few k left!

Reactions: therower

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations! Both with achieving your goal (I'm totally impressed by running this distance, and I think it's wonderful you caught and treated your hypo before it was there, mid-run!) and with winning the exclusive top-banana award!

Reactions: mytype1.life

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woohooo! Thank you.

Thanks for your advice - Malt loaf saved the day at the 10k point where I had a vertical downward arrow on my Libre and still a few k left!
Did you stop and eat or eat malt loaf while still running??? If the latter you deserve an extra medal. I run a little and I can't imagine running with my jaws clamped together by malt loaf.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done love, I for one know how HARD it is to do all the training and the run, you should be very proud of yourself!! x

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey @mytype1.life what an awesome, exhilarating experience for you and for us to be able to cheer you at the completion!! So proud of you!! You did all the hard work and so this is well deserved:) Keep on keeping on!! Cheers/L

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Congratulations! Both with achieving your goal (I'm totally impressed by running this distance, and I think it's wonderful you caught and treated your hypo before it was there, mid-run!) and with winning the exclusive top-banana award!

Thank you so much!

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did you stop and eat or eat malt loaf while still running??? If the latter you deserve an extra medal. I run a little and I can't imagine running with my jaws clamped together by malt loaf.

Haha I was still moving but I wouldn’t say running... it was at the 10km point known as ‘Cardiac Hill’ so you can see why my pace slowed here!!