1st review after 11 weeks

BtonLee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all had my review yesterday my 1st one 11 weeks after being diagnosed and after the help from this site and advice from those on it and my lchf diet my results were great the Dr was very pleased and congratulated me on listening to him.

My HbA1c is down from 80 [9.5%] - 50 [6.8%]
My Cholesterol is down from 6.1 - 4.2
My Blood Pressure is down from 133/85 - 125/75
My weight is down from 123.4kg [19st 5lb] - 114kg [17st 13lb]

So i would like to say thank you to everyone who gave me advice my Dr reckons that if i keep going at this rate i could be off the metformin and statins in 6 months which would be amazing.

Reactions: 15 people

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, I have my first review around 10 weeks after diagnosis and hoping for similar results

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sean01

Hello all had my review yesterday my 1st one 11 weeks after being diagnosed and after the help from this site and advice from those on it and my lchf diet my results were great the Dr was very pleased and congratulated me on listening to him.

My HbA1c is down from 80 [9.5%] - 50 [6.8%]
My Cholesterol is down from 6.1 - 4.2
My Blood Pressure is down from 133/85 - 125/75
My weight is down from 123.4kg [19st 5lb] - 114kg [17st 13lb]

So i would like to say thank you to everyone who gave me advice my Dr reckons that if i keep going at this rate i could be off the metformin and statins in 6 months which would be amazing.
Fantastic news - I'm noticing similar results with the blood pressure and great news on the Cholesterol. Don't stop what you're doing.

Reactions: 8 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great results @BtonLee, well done! :) So did you tell your doctor you were doing LCHF (rather than listening to him?) and if you did what was his reaction?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
that's a fab result -- well done !!

BtonLee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great results @BtonLee, well done! :) So did you tell your doctor you were doing LCHF (rather than listening to him?) and if you did what was his reaction?

I told both my nurse and my Dr about lchf and both were fine with it and my Dr expressed how good it was that I was doing low carbs as this would have the greatest benefit to me.

Reactions: 4 people

BtonLee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@BtonLee Sounds like you have an excellent health care team. :)

They are light-handed and happy that i am on the right path and achieving results now just to keep progressing, I went on my 1st official training jog this morning walk then jog then walk etc managed 45 minutes and 4k which was ok and much helped thanks to some amazing advice on here.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
@BtonLee
Just sensational results. I look forward to seeing you get off the meds. Well Done!!