2 hours after Xmas dinner

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
read woman who are t-total increase their risk of being T2 diabetic by 40% !
So with a diabetic sister, (nearly) t-total, had gestational diabetes, over weight then it's no surprise I'm in the T2 club is it? I didn't stand a chance.......

brianmt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I had avery enjoyable xmas ,I ate all sort ( didn't overindulge but tried various foods) , including far too many thorntons chocolates , had a couple of smallish spikes but nothing scary. So today I thought I'd finish xmas off in fine stle, I had cake,trifle and a big turkey sandwich ( with salad of course).Guess what gave me a 9.5 spike, yes the sandwich, (funnily enough yesterday I had a spike of eight which I put down to the rosemarie sauce, just remembered I had some bread with it). It lasted less than a hour which is good news.
I'm off to see my doctoron friday to review my diabetes.Armed with my libre informationit will be quite aninteresting meeting. The libre has been great over xmas keeping track of all the **** I've eaten.
Back on the wagon tonight

Reactions: Alison Campbell

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Yesterday I had a buffet mainly cold meats, salad one mini pork pie, two mini sausage rolls and a small portion of raspberry Roulande, with a small portion of ice cream. My blood levels this morning were 5.8 Oh I never bothered with the Christmas pud or mince pie. Tonight for dinner more cold meats some sprouts, red cabbage salad and a couple of hard boiled eggs cheese..So I am back on the low carb for another year

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems like a few people are having some great readings after taking their 'medicine'. I am teetotal but am seriously thinking of red wine as a curative (seriously, Kendrick says if you don't drink then start drinking!).
So, with this in mind I request all members who are of legal age to drink red wine and tell me their findings, strictly in the name of science though!

A glass of wine ( actually for me champagne, red or white wine) or a tipple of whiskey all work reliably to reduce blood sugars. Only need the one glass to get the effect.

Reactions: dbr10

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As per usual I over did it, two hours after dinner 9.2, two hours after triffle with extra cream 8. Woke up on boxing day still too full to eat and didn't feel hungry until about 7pm.