2 Lows This Morning ...help!

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone!
Very stable diabetic, low carbing ,pretty much between 5 and 8. on 23 Treseba and novo ( not really needing it), managing 9 or so carbs each meal .
Well, yesterday i found i was able to eat a few more carbs and went to 4.2 an hour after tea so basically chased them up all evening ! Strange ??? Steady all night at 8
Up this morning 5.5 all good at 7am took treseba at 7.30 2 cups of coffee then crash ...2.7!!!!at 8am . Treated with jellies and a glucose gel 1/2 toast when it was up. 7.5 All good ...nope coming down again by 9 am 6 going down rapid according to libre and fingerprick. T1 for 8 years, sniffles for 2 days taking paracetamol and ibruprofen any ideas ???? Could be an "r " in the monthmaybe insulin on empty tum??? Thanks in anticipation of potential answers to this yet another delightful conundrum !
Edit 8.30 pm
Looking back ..i didnt treat the first hypo aggressively enough ..the food didnt have a chance to kick in ..bang! Low again ..repeat ..
Mistakes allover..live and learn !

Last edited:

alphabeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
23 units of tresiba seems a bit high but before I judge, what is your weight and height?

D

Deleted Account

There are so many things which affect our BG that I try not to make any judgement from a single odd day.
I try to draw no conclusions until I have a similar day eating similar food, with similar levels of stress, doing similar amounts of exercise, drinking similar amounts of alcohol, etc.

As to why you went low - it was too much insulin :)
Makes me wonder how healthy pancreases work!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @annliggins Personally I too draw no conclusions from a single day's events, I prefer patterns before making any conclusions, however a fatty meal would delay carb absorption causing a potential low. Also hypos tend to run in patterns too so if you crash watch out for a further drop later on. Ah the joys of a redundant pancreas..:rolleyes:

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello @annliggins Personally I too draw no conclusions from a single day's events, I prefer patterns before making any conclusions, however a fatty meal would delay carb absorption causing a potential low. Also hypos tend to run in patterns too so if you crash watch out for a further drop later on. Ah the joys of a redundant pancreas..:rolleyes:
Well ...ive had egg on toast, a full banana, and an egg muffin since posting approx 930 up it struggles to 7 down it drops fliating now at 5.6 going down !! This has happened twice before seveal months ago ...if it follows i should steady off this afternoon...still looking forward to fish and chips 1/2 portion