Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
All six Premier League teams involved in the European Super League (ESL) have now withdrawn from the competition.

Manchester City were the first club to pull out after Chelsea had signalled their intent to do so by preparing documentation to withdraw.

The other four sides - Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham - have all now followed suit.

Good they have learned some sense.

I say ban the Judas clubs from European competition for 3 years to teach them a lesson

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yessss Rotherscum lost and we have just kicked off. 8 point gap plus anything we can get tonight.

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I say ban the Judas clubs from European competition for 3 years to teach them a lesson

Quite a lot of clubs suffered financial losses because of the ban after Heysal, the whole of English football were punished.
There has been for some European clubs financial penalties for less.
Other than the six English clubs, the Italian and Spanish clubs are desperate for cash, the reason why they were so keen to be in such a guaranteed income scenario, was that they are falling behind even some championship clubs despite being in the European champions league, nearly every year. These clubs have overspent repeatedly to maintain their status.
And are desperate for cash, these clubs have taken a big hit over the past two years.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Lost 1-0 at Bolton that’s us not making progress

In my opinion, the football I have been watching this season and the most of last season, has deteriorated since before the first lockdown.
Without fans, it does seem to me, the players have forgotten to try and entertain.
Not much showing at all, it's probably there is no pressure to perform. The lack of consistency of form and performance with the lack of effort, the result is very little goal mouth action, no shots on target, defences on top for most of the games. And in particular, the lack of excitement, which I mean the players which would get you off your seat, the skill and passion is just not there!
There was more passion shown outside Stamford bridge last night, than inside!

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear the Tykes beat us. Good job Rotherscum lost and the gap is still 8 points. I'd like to think its enough cos Rotherscum have 5 games = 15 points to play for so they would have to win 3 to overtake us. We need to win 1 more and that I think would suffice to keep us up. Trip to Blackburn for our lads on Saturday and a trip to Barnsley for Rotherscum. Saturday could be the clincher for us. Talk about on tenter hooks lol.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Home to Barrow tomorrow. You would think because of the position both clubs find themselves that this is a home banker.
We have not done well against the teams at the bottom of the league this season.
And they are desperate for points to try and avoid relegation.
We can't score, we are not playing well and have I moaned enough to get a much needed win?

Good luck to all our teams.

Stay safe.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Away to Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup tomorrow. After a shlacking from Killie last time out anything is on the cards.

They had a tight one, pens, v Livie and a new manager so there might be some bounce for them.

They had a run of 10 games in which they had something like 170 crosses into box, 26 shot on rarget and scored just 1 goal.... it must have been fun to watch.

@Lamont D as supporters of football clubs moaning is part of the essence of who we are.

Hoping LUFC knock OGS back a bit.... he does come out with some trot.

Good luck to all and keep safe.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here we go with a big Saturday for us. We need to beat Blackburn Rovers and hope Barnsley beat Rotherscum and there would be an 11 point gap and seeing as Rotherscum would only have a possible 12 to play for we'd be playing Championship footy again next season. Oh how I wish our prayers get answered this afternoon. Its agony for all us Town fans.
Good luck to all those playing today. Hope your team wins.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Away to Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup tomorrow. After a shlacking from Killie last time out anything is on the cards.

They had a tight one, pens, v Livie and a new manager so there might be some bounce for them.

They had a run of 10 games in which they had something like 170 crosses into box, 26 shot on rarget and scored just 1 goal.... it must have been fun to watch.

@Lamont D as supporters of football clubs moaning is part of the essence of who we are.

Good luck to all and keep safe.

Hi @hankjam, and I can moan for England or even Wales, due to international rules!

One of the tactics that the gaffer always stressed was overlapping and crosses, and the strikers were told that if the ball is out wide, get in the box. He did try and depend his defenders to draw the opposition out and exploit the space behind and wide, to catch the shape of the other team to be open and overload on the full backs through the channels, the strikers would make runs and draw defenders with them to make space as well.
If you think about it, you can't score if you don't get in the box!

C'mon, every ball is a white ball!

Stay safe.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that was a pretty dismal show this afternoon. We lost 5-2. Its a damned good job Rotherscum and Sheff Weds both lost. The gap is now 8 points but Weds cannot catch us. Rotherscum need 2 wins and 2 draws from their last 4 games to overtake us. I think you can safely say we are stopping up by the skin of our teeth. Its between Derby, Weds and Rotherscum for the last 2 relegation places as Wycombe have gone. At the other end Norwich and Watford are both promoted now. Next game for us is Coventry Home next Sat.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
1-0 at home, result the only thing that was good. And the goal.
First half absolutely shocking, like two teams just turning up and needing to while away time until they can get on a beach.
Still a chance, but definitely a playoff spot.
Not impressed with the performance again.
Couldn't believe the tactics in first half,, Barrow are all giants and we just lumped the ball into the air, we never won a single header, when it was obvious to play the ball on the grass.
Can always remember a former manager asking the groundstaff not to water the pitch, on a hot sunny day, the groundsman asked if it wouldn't be better using the sprinklers, to help the ball move quicker on the wet grass, our manager replied, we don't need grass at all, the ball won't be on the floor long!

Reactions: hankjam

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We did! 0-0. Happy with that, as a newly promoted team versus one of the so called Elite teams. It puts Leeds one point above one of the other 'elite 'clubs too. :hilarious:

Reactions: Cumberland

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesssss Rotherscum lost tonight. That's it they can't catch us now. Mathematically they have 9 points available and 8 points behind us so they would have to win all 3 games which won't happen. Championship football again for us. UTT. :singing::singing::singing::singing::D

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A 0-3 at Aberdeen in the Cup was unexpected but it seems they were utter ****, which probably helped. I think I heard it was the first time United have won at Pittrodie in the cup. Took our goals really well and the final one was a real beauty of passing and moving.
Hibs in the semi will be a tougher game, though they can blow hot and cold a bit.
St J did well to come back and pip the Gers, goalie was amazing.
St M did well v Killie, slightly surprised by that. Their manager Jim Goodwin was the ultimate clogger as a center half back in the day but his team does seem to be able to play a bit.

No Old Firm teams in the semis, doesn't happen that often, so worth a cheer.

Reactions: Cumberland