20G 0r 30G Lancets for TEE machine?

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All

I feel this answer is probably obvious but ... I am about to purchase some lancets does anyone know what the difference is between the 2?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I ordered supplies with the Tee2 tester from Spirit Healthcare and it came to the 30 variant - if that is any help. I have some different lancets from an old device and they do not work well with it and need to be used on the highest setting or they do not do the job - they might possibly be the other one - they are green not blue - if that is any help.

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blood glucose testing machines only care that you give it blood from your finger. It has not care in the world when it comes to how you extracted that blood. You could use the pricker that came with the machine, a pricker from another machine, a lancet without a pricker, a knife ...

The Gauge of the lancets (e.g. 20G or 30G) indicates the thickness of the lancets. https://www.laktate.com/en/lancet-size/
20G seems very large for finger pricking, 28G or 30G are normal.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I ordered supplies with the Tee2 tester from Spirit Healthcare and it came to the 30 variant - if that is any help. I have some different lancets from an old device and they do not work well with it and need to be used on the highest setting or they do not do the job - they might possibly be the other one - they are green not blue - if that is any help.
Cheers - I have the green but don't rate them it can sometimes be a little sore so I will try the blue this time. The accu check are a lot better but more expensive, of course.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
20G seems very large for finger pricking, 28G or 30G are normal.
Apologies on further checking it was indeed 28 and not 20. So the 30 would be a finer needle so I will give them a try - thanks

mymuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies on further checking it was indeed 28 and not 20. So the 30 would be a finer needle so I will give them a try - thanks

I've tried both. The blue are much preferable, the green are noticeably thicker and more painful.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried both. The blue are much preferable, the green are noticeably thicker and more painful.
Many thanks for that - I have ordered the blue and yes the green are painful

Reactions: mymuk