2hrs post meal/snack

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
Am I the only one who tests there blood glougese 2hrs post meal/snack let me know

mattbrad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
meh
Nope I do aswell before a meal and 2h after :)

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
Or do u have any forum of diabetes

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m type one. Always have tested before meals and 2 hours after. Can make any corrections needed then if you have a sneaky peek at what’s going on before hand. Also a good reference point for what your food/meds are doing.

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
I got asked to test 2hrs after meal/snack now it's just a habit I'm type one

Sonnyb2

NotBeyonce

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to test fasting and then pre and post one meal per day (roaating breakfast, lunch, dinner), but since I've had a spike in A1C and been placed on insulin, I test fasting, pre and post all meals, and bedtime.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Type 2, I test before and at a 2 hrs after.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Most people with Type2 (who care a lot about their health) test 2hr after a meal, as it is the best way to work out how much carbs our body can cope with. Remember that with Type2, it is the body ignoring the insulin, and we destroy our own bodies by making too much insulin, but as we can't measure insulin, BG is a good proxy.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am I the only one who tests there blood glougese 2hrs post meal/snack let me know
I may be pre-LADA, but no official diagnosis yet, so no meds. I suffer from mild gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying) so as well as testing before eating I often test after 1 hour as well as after 2, and sometimes after 3. This is because otherwise I don't know if the number I see after 2 hours is on the way up or on the way down. eg tonight before dinner it was 5.5 and 1 hour after dinner 5.0. Which probably means no food has been digested so my body thinks I am fasting. I don't bother testing after snacks, but I don't have many of them as I try to leave at least 4 hours between meals so there isn't really time. I am hoping the low carb and lower bgs will eventually cure my gastroparesis before the need for insulin arises. Gastroparesis is unpredictable so injecting fast acting insulin before meals would be impossible for me at present.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I may be pre-LADA, but no official diagnosis yet, so no meds. I suffer from mild gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying) so as well as testing before eating I often test after 1 hour as well as after 2, and sometimes after 3. This is because otherwise I don't know if the number I see after 2 hours is on the way up or on the way down. eg tonight before dinner it was 5.5 and 1 hour after dinner 5.0. Which probably means no food has been digested so my body thinks I am fasting. I don't bother testing after snacks, but I don't have many of them as I try to leave at least 4 hours between meals so there isn't really time. I am hoping the low carb and lower bgs will eventually cure my gastroparesis before the need for insulin arises. Gastroparesis is unpredictable so injecting fast acting insulin before meals would be impossible for me at present.
I've recently changed my 1 hr test to 1.5 hrs as that is when I "spike", and I also ck at 2 hrs (& also at the 2.5 hrs if it isn't going down at the 2 hr mark).