3 choices of pump

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been granted funding for my first pump! I'm over the moon. I have to choose between :

Animas Vibe
Roche Insight
Medtronic 649G

I have no intention of self funding a CGM, so my decision is only based on the pump.

I'm hearing lots of good things about the vibe, and I understand it's got a good track record. Although not as modern as the others I believe it's the easiest to get to grips with..... I'm doing so much research I'm dreaming about it!
Vibe is my 1st choice (I think!)
Opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Christine

D

Deleted Account

Lucky you on having a choice. My choice was Animas Vibe or stay with injections.
As you say, the user interface is not very modern but it is reasonably easy to use.
Size-wise, I think it is one of the smallest.
My diabetes team initially set it up for me but I have since been able to find my way around the menus and tweak the settings.
Support from Animas has been great. They send replacement supplies very fast, they provide back up pump free of charge when you go away and tech support is helpful.
I recently had an issue when I spotted the battery compartment was cracked. They had warned about over-tightening the battery cap but I still managed to crack it after one year of use. This may be a concern. However, they provided a replacement within less than 24 hours.

Reactions: Picci

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been granted funding for my first pump! I'm over the moon. I have to choose between :

Animas Vibe
Roche Insight
Medtronic 649G

I have no intention of self funding a CGM, so my decision is only based on the pump.

I'm hearing lots of good things about the vibe, and I understand it's got a good track record. Although not as modern as the others I believe it's the easiest to get to grips with..... I'm doing so much research I'm dreaming about it!
Christine
You may find some useful posts here from users with first hand experience of all three pumps:)

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/animas-or-medtronic.119750/#post-1448160

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Picci I also had the choice of these three but choose the Insight because I also needed the capability sometimes of using a remote control.

Type1Bri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Highs and lows

Animas Vibe
Roche Insight
Medtronic 649G

Christine
I am on the Medtronic, some of my thoughts on it on my blog
https://type1bri.com/medtronic-why-it-is-my-pump-of-choice

SenileTomato

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabeetus
I've used both Animas and Medtronic insulin pumps in the past, and both were great. They weren't the specific models you mentioned, but nonetheless their products are solid and reliable. I'm not sure about the Roche.

With that said, I personally know someone who has one of the newer Medtronic pumps and loves it. I can also vouch for theit customer service in the past when I used them. They were by far the best at the time (about 6 years ago), and most reliable. For example, their hours of operation were longer than any other companies', and they would always have my back if I forgot to bring supplies on vacation, free of charge. I remember forgetting to bring infusion sets to my Aunt's, and I called on a Friday or Saturday, and received my supplies early morning the next day, at no cost.

I currently use a Tandem t:slim and it's by far my favorite, but with the choices you are given, I'd definitely go with the Medtronic.