1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

3 month results

Discussion in 'Vegetarian Diet Forum' started by Beansprout, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Beansprout

Beansprout Type 2 · Member

So, I just got my results after the first 3 months (ok closer to 4 as I avoided the test for as long as possible). My hba1c went from 112 to 48.

This is good. Why do I feel super stressed?(Probable answer: inherent crazy.)

1. I don't think I changed my lifestyle enough to warrant such a large drop.
    2. I'm struggling to eat healthily recently (case in point, I've two eaten two cookies today).
    3. I feel like everyone (friends/family/myself maybe) expects that I will continue to do well. Like now I can't slip/fail.

Anxiety and perfectionism are such killers.

Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm posting this. Sharing good news... and then ruining it. :)

How is everyone else doing?

• Winner Winner x 7
  2. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fantastic result, well done.

3. catinahat

catinahat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Congratulations Beansprout
    112 to 48 is a stunning achievement, I think you have earned the right to indulge in a few cookies

4. Jen6

Jen6 · Active Member

5. Jen6

Jen6 · Active Member

I know exactly how you are feeling. I went from 101 to 44 in three months. I felt like there was huge pressure on myself thinking I would prob go up rather than down as there was very little leeway. On the next three month testing I got really worked up znd was dreading the results but was delighted down to 39.
    Only on half a tablet now due to come of completely.
    Dont stress over results your 44 is good anyway.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Moderator
    Staff Member

Well done!

Look on it this way - you now know what works, so yes, you have to maintain it, but IT WORKS!!!!!
    And you have had a fab result.

I hope your doc or nurse, or whoever gave you the results was suitably impressed, and wanted to know by what sorcery and self discipline and plain hard work you achieved your marvelous result?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Beansprout

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the support!

@Jen6 glad I'm not alone with the undue self-pressure. Congrats on your low results, those numbers are fabulous.

@Brunneria Thank you, this was a very helpful reminder. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Beansprout

Ha! Yes. It's just an easy slide for me from one cookie to waking up covered in crumbs and empty packets.

• Hug Hug x 1
  9. Beansprout

I may need to find a new doctor!

• Hug Hug x 2
  10. RachelN76

RachelN76 Type 2 · Member

That’s absolutely brilliant! Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I did something similar and my GP hasn't spoken to me since diagnosis - the next test was even lower, and I still did not feel that I was trying hard. I did not know if I should laugh or cry when given the results, so I did both at the same time to stop my head exploding.
    Do try not to get in a tizz about it - accept your new super power and watch out for needing an entire new wardrobe. I have lost weight but also completely changed shape in the last few years.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook