3 Months After Having A Baby And Sugars Aren’t Good!

xkayzx

Hi all, I had a little girl 3 months ago and since having her my sugars are awful! One min I’m low then I’m sky high! I’ve put my background insulin up both am and pm, and doing more with each meal... don’t no what to do!
Does your body take a while to get better control after giving birth?
Thanks

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, luckily for me my lot came along well before diagnosis but I am sure someone can help you. Is this your first baby because what I can say is your stress levels will be sky high every time that little 'un whimpers never mind gives an ear piercing scream! Babies have an effect on a woman's body mentally and physically so it's not that surprising if your glucose levels rise, are you breastfeeding too? Of course, it cannot be put down to simply this so maybe contact your diabetes team? x

xkayzx

Hi there, luckily for me my lot came along well before diagnosis but I am sure someone can help you. Is this your first baby because what I can say is your stress levels will be sky high every time that little 'un whimpers never mind gives an ear piercing scream! Babies have an effect on a woman's body mentally and physically so it's not that surprising if your glucose levels rise, are you breastfeeding too? Of course, it cannot be put down to simply this so maybe contact your diabetes team? x

Hi, yes it’s my first baby, I don’t feel stressed as she is a brilliant baby at the min! And no I’m not breast feeding... yes maybe i can contact the team. Thanks

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Definitely contact your team. Your hormones will still be settling down and if you have the hot weather that will affect things as well. So try to test a lot and keep hypo treatment within reach.
Hope the little one is letting you sleep as not sleeping well can mess numbers up too!

Reactions: CranberryIce