3 months on LCHF, need help

Fran6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Are you losing weight?
If so (as mentioned above) your cholesterol may well rise significantly and stay there until a few months after your weight loss ends.

If that is what is happening, then i would be delighted. All that fat being reseased from fat deposits and circulating to be used as fuel in ketosis. Lovely.

The fact you have ketones suggest that you are definitely burning fat as fuel, but is it from weight loss or dietary fat?
I am balisticaly losing weight. Body fat% went from 24% to 18%. I lost about 6 kilos if not more. I had to go to the taylor to size my whole wardrobe down.

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Fran6, as well as the excellent book by Dr Malcolm Kendrick, you should take a look at Prof. Ken Sikaris on youtube, fascinating stuff !

Reactions: 2 people

Fran6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi @Fran6, as well as the excellent book by Dr Malcolm Kendrick, you should take a look at Prof. Ken Sikaris on youtube, fascinating stuff !
Yes I know his videos, he talks about a certain Lpa which also appears in Kendrick's book. Next time I get a blood test I will have this Lpa tested also. Who fears cholesterol should read Kendrick's book. I'm half way through now,
Thanks!

Reactions: 4 people