3 months Tandem Control IQ

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought you might be interested in seeing some data from the last 3 months with Control IQ, Tandem's hybrid loop system.
It took a while to get the settings "right" & I was already doing pretty well before Control IQ.
The main improvement for me is the reduced mental "load". Yes I still think about it, but it's great to know that something "has my back" when I'm doing other things - sleeping for example!
Needless to say I love this pump.
Glucose Percentile 3 months.JPG
Glucose distribution 3 months.JPG

Reactions: asa35 and Capt-Slog

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Slightly different view of mine taken from Dexcom Clarity, showing my last 90 days on CIQ. I've been very pleased too, my upper limit was set to 8 rather than 10. Takes away a lot of the mental load for me too :)
Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 08.41.30.png

Reactions: asa35

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Slightly different view of mine taken from Dexcom Clarity, showing my last 90 days on CIQ. I've been very pleased too, my upper limit was set to 8 rather than 10. Takes away a lot of the mental load for me too :)View attachment 45482
Hi Chas,
Looking very good. My report is from Nightscout.
I use 4 to 10 simply because it seems to be the internationally accepted value for comparison purposes.
It looks like you would have a lot of "100% in range" days using that parameter! Amazing!

Reactions: Chas C

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Chas,
Looking very good. My report is from Nightscout.

I was temped to go to Nightscout in the early days but being perhaps "seemingly too busy" and "Apple" I stuck with Dexcom and Diasend for history and have never moved. Have numerous times been temped by looping but each time decided the effort seemed too much - also the need to move from Apple and to a compatible pump.

Your results are pretty amazing too, its interesting we both seemed to have cracked the morning (post breakfast) but on average go bit higher after lunch and evening meal.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Chas,
I began using xDrip & Nightscout a very long time ago & couldn't see any reason to move to the Dexcom app.
Recently I started using Sleep mode, not just overnight, but also when I'm fairly inactive e.g. working on my computer. It works well for me.
My breakfast is usually one a slice of toast. Interestingly I have forgotten to bolus a couple of times & Control IQ kept me in single figures....just.
I bolus early for main meals - 30 minutes or more, & I don't low carb by any means.
Over the years I have been in the habit of walking after eating, if practical, which has worked well to reduce spikes. It is trickier with CIQ though as it may react to the rise & I can then end up dropping steeply. Exercise mode seems over the top for 30 to 40 minute walks.
I'm now doing better using extended boluses for ordinary meals if I'm walking, not just for pizza & high fat foods.
I still struggle with heavier physical exercise or longer walks, partly because I think it needs to be turned on an hour or two before starting & I'm not organised enough to do that!

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well @DunePlodder

Other than nightscout/xdrip I could have written your response above, our management is pretty much identical. I've yet to try sleep mode during the day (its on my to do list), good to see its working well for you.

I've not tried exercising after meals unless too high pre-meal, but often if I'm too high I just miss the meal (not often that this happens).

Exercise mode performance for me is pretty much identical to yours, when kayaking I have around 2hr drive so can switch to exercise on my way out and it does work well but often forget to turn it off after then go bit high.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, I wish you could start Exercise for a chosen period, I also tend to forget to switch it off.