30 weeks pregnant and going high during the night

Layla2811

Hey , I’m 30 weeks pregnant going so high during the night seems like my body has become some insulin resistant over the past week . I don’t eat nothing after dinner which is around 6/7pm just water before bed so disheartening as I was 77% in target 2 weeks ago now I’m struggling again! I’m on lemevir / novorapid . Any other women who can relate X

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Layla2811 and welcome to the forums.

Not too long for you to go, but I do vaguely remember insulin needs going up in the final trimester (my T1 pregnancies were a long time ago and precgm so I wouldn't have known what was was going on during the night).

Hopefully some people with more relevant experience will post soon but I just wanted to welcome you and ask what type of diabetes you have: T1, T2 or GD?

Can you call your DN and get advice on adjustments or do you have to wait for your next appointment.

Good luck,

OB87

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was pregnant I found having a low carb snack before bed made blood sugars stable through the night and my fasting levels were in the 4s. I think it was around 20 weeks pregnant this happened. I did get fed up of having to eat but it did control them during pregnancy. Low carb cracker and cheese spread was a fav of mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: EllieM

sarah1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm having the same problem I'm 24 nearly 25 weeks pregnant and I have my tea around the same time with nothing else to eat before going to bed my bs before bed is in range and in the night it rises to 13..... so annoying, I keep adjusting my insulin but I think it could just be pregnancy. So annoying tho x

Emmah89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm having the same problem I'm 24 nearly 25 weeks pregnant and I have my tea around the same time with nothing else to eat before going to bed my bs before bed is in range and in the night it rises to 13..... so annoying, I keep adjusting my insulin but I think it could just be pregnancy. So annoying tho x

I’m having the same issue! Just no reason for the rise in the evening/overnight! Sometimes I need to take double the amount of insulin to cover my evening meal but split it to have half (usual “full dose” of 1to10g) with my meal and half (another “full dose”) about 2 hours later and sometimes this isn’t even enough, I could eat a meal without carbs and still rise in the evenings.

How did you guys get on in your pregnancies? I had a little bit of a rise in the evening prepregnancy but nothing like I’m experiencing now :(