36 week scan

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, had my 36w scan today and baby is now around 6lb 9, They were happy with everything and decided to scan me again 2weeks today to check everything again and then they will either keep me in then so I'd be 37+5 or wait till the Wednesday when I'd be 38w to do my induction.

Was a little bit gutted at first as I had in my head it would be next week for some reason, but I know she's better off in there while she's still happy and it's gave me a bit of hope I could go into labour naturally in the mean time.

So roll on the next 2 weeks! I've promised myself I'm going to rest as much as I can as I really haven't been lately and now I've started to get fat ankles later in the day

Been reading through old forum posts from people at this stage to see what babies were weighing and for tips on passing the time in induction, think I'm going to buy a new book! Lol

Just wanted to keep you all updated as usual

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 8 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great news @Mrsass ! That's a good size for baby :)

Yes - rest lots! Put your feet up and browse baby clothes online or something!

Check your hospital bag and have it ready just in case you do go into labour early. Pack snacks as well as Lucozade - I got through loads post-delivery even though I put my pump back to my normal insulin amounts.

And enjoy the last days of pregnancy :)

Reactions: 2 people

1Sarah1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Mrsass glad everything ok. Definitely rest whilst you can before the joy of being up all hours feeding kicks in!
Don't underestimate your sugars falling after delivery especially if you breastfeed. My top tip is take some ear plugs for whilst you are on induction ward as it can get very busy in there xx

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@1Sarah1 @azure @mahola

got lucozade packed - no snacks though argh!!
Ear plugs packed
Hair getting done tomorrow

Pedicure sounds like a good call although if it ended in a section I've been told nail polish needs to be removed but obviously hoping that doesn't happen & induction works great

I'm kind of hoping the weather is a bit rubbish because otherwise I'll want to be out enjoying the sun, although I suppose I could set myself up in the garden! Lol

Got my 30th birthday this Sunday and not planned a single thing as I didn't know if I'd be here or in hospital so going to have to think of something to do now!

Finley02

Type of diabetes
Type 1
That's so exciting!!! Wishing you all the best! Xx