38+1 and numbers gone wonky

cardiganlover

Morning all!

Was hoping someone might have some experience or advice to share :)

Little bit of background here for you! I am 38+1 with my second pregnancy. I have had GD with both pregnancies, so far all diet controlled. I had a c section with my first, nothing to do with GD but this has of course affected my options for delivery this time. Obviously with GD my consultant won't let me go too far over my due date and hospital policy is to perform a c section at 39 weeks. Induction is ruled out due to the chance of rupture, but vbac is possible if baby decides to come on its own.

Hope I'm making sense so far!

I had my last appointment at hospital before the birth last week and everyone was delighted as baby is measuring bang on target and I've managed to stay diet controlled only again. I was given a c section date of 40+2 on the back of being diet controlled. However, since then my numbers have crept up. During the day I have simply cut down my carbs (again!!) but my morning fasting levels have gone way up (9.0, 5.7, 6.4, 7.8, 5.8....2 x 4.9s too!). I rang the hospital last week and the consultant said over the phone it sounds like I need some medication. I will be seeing the team tomorrow afternoon.

I know I'm seeing them tomorrow but I can't get it off my mind! If I need medication, I am no longer diet controlled, so does this mean bringing the birth forward? If I'm going to start medication at 38+2 or 3 will they even bother giving me medication for a few days or just book me in? OR will they give me medication and stick to the original date?

I'm very confused and would love some feedback. I know I'll find out tomorrow, but I'd like to mentally prepare myself!

Thank you!