3rd water infection in 2 months

Feebiecat

Hi

I did a search about water infections on this site and quite a lot of info came back. I haven't been able to filter through most of it so sorry if this is a question that has already been asked recently.

I am 29 and type 2 *(well controlled - low carbs). I have had 3 water infections since August, two of which have been wthin the last 3 weeks. I have not seen my own doctor yet but plan to very soon (my bloods etc are due so thought i would get them out the way first as had a feeling he would just tell me to do that anyway). I always end up at the walk in centre because things like this always seem to happen at ridiculous times of night when no-where is open!

I had Trimethoprim(?) each time for 3 days and it seems to take a while to kick in and according to the nurses it should work completely within the 3 days.
The thing i am worried about is that the last few times (apparantly) there has been nothing in my wee to show an infection - i just have all the symptoms.

I've not been well on and off for about a month with colds and various other nasties so don't know whether i just have bugs or whatever. I have noticed that the last 2 infections appeared not long after sex and even though i do everything right with regards to weeing after and washing i still had symptoms.

Does anyone else get the same thing? I am just worried in case this keeps happening - its awful.

I read somewhere that diabetics are prone to water infections because of sugar etc but would that be true of a well controlled diabetic as well?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you
Feebie
x

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I'm no doctor, but I'd hazard a guess that three days of treatment is not completely clearing it up, so if I were you I'd go and see my GP for a longer course of something different and also make sure my partner is not carrying anything to reinfect me.