4 Different Readings

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had lunch around 1pm today, was late by an hour for dinner usually have around 6pm, so had hunger pangs and was a little worried fasting reading would be low. It was 7.9 which was unusually high, normally would be around low 5's. So decided to take it again, now dropped to 5.4 in a minute...so tried for 3rd time, was 4.5 and then tried one more time 4.7!
Been diagnosed 3mths now and first time this has happened, so is it likely to be the meter (AquaMatric Jazz) battery need changing, even though the meet is giving no indication? Thanks

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had lunch around 1pm today, was late by an hour for dinner usually have around 6pm, so had hunger pangs and was a little worried fasting reading would be low. It was 7.9 which was unusually high, normally would be around low 5's. So decided to take it again, now dropped to 5.4 in a minute...so tried for 3rd time, was 4.5 and then tried one more time 4.7!
Been diagnosed 3mths now and first time this has happened, so is it likely to be the meter (AquaMatric Jazz) battery need changing, even though the meet is giving no indication? Thanks

I wear a libre freestyle - it often changes just like that minute by minute - sugars can be very volatile . Movements between meals are often a function of what you ate for the 24 hours previously not just the prior meal. Nothing to worry about in those figures.

Reactions: Mags H

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
I must admit I do not think that the meters are reliable.. I have had the same happen to me many times...Make sure your hands are clean and that you have rinsed off the soap properly, and sit for 5 mins before taking your BGL,as activity seem's to give a higher reading

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I attach three days of print outs from a libre. You can see from this that if you happen to catch the your blood sugars when it is changing fast, you will simply see a big switch - yet the actual continuous monitor is showing the trend and there is nothing to worry about. Its unlikely you will happen to catch your blood at a stable point very often, especially if you are trying to test around food.
example libre.png

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wear a libre freestyle - it often changes just like that minute by minute - sugars can be very volatile . Movements between meals are often a function of what you ate for the 24 hours previously not just the prior meal. Nothing to worry about in those figures.
Thanks Cherry...with not being long diagnosed the Jazz monitor is the only one used, but I've read many posts where the libre is commonly used. Is it a better monitor in your opinion?

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I must admit I do not think that the meters are reliable.. I have had the same happen to me many times...Make sure your hands are clean and that you have rinsed off the soap properly, and sit for 5 mins before taking your BGL,as activity seem's to give a higher reading
Thanks Derry will follow your advice. It's the first time encountering the issue, we'll good to know it's not the battery!

Reactions: derry60

Mags H

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I attach three days of print outs from a libre. You can see from this that if you happen to catch the your blood sugars when it is changing fast, you will simply see a big switch - yet the actual continuous monitor is showing the trend and there is nothing to worry about. Its unlikely you will happen to catch your blood at a stable point very often, especially if you are trying to test around food. View attachment 25817
Libre gives print outs!! That's handy don't think mine does or not that anyone's told me...a reason to consider switching. Your information is an eye opener, beginning to understand how intricate a matter this condition is. Thank you so much for sharing!

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I attach three days of print outs from a libre. You can see from this that if you happen to catch the your blood sugars when it is changing fast, you will simply see a big switch - yet the actual continuous monitor is showing the trend and there is nothing to worry about. Its unlikely you will happen to catch your blood at a stable point very often, especially if you are trying to test around food. View attachment 25817
Wow! What I'd do for readings like that. Well done, such discipline. I'm in awe.