5.1%=32 HbA1c :) with NO HYPOS

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Going to see my endo next week and I think she will be really pleased with me. The last time I saw her I was 4.6 (=27), which she said was too good, and asked me to relax my control a bit. 3 months ago I got up to 4.8 (=29), and I was really happy. Now I am at 5.1 (=32), and am delighted to say that my blood sugar has not been below 3.6 AT ALL for the last three months of my life. I have spent hardly any time at all below 4 (the occasional mild low was always back up to safe levels pretty quickly). I am thrilled with this achievement! The last time I saw my endo, I was not doing any exercise since I always got low. I am proud to say I am now walking for 30-45min most days of the week, it takes a lot of effort to make sure I won't get low but I can do it! I am so pleased that I have obtained an excellent HbA1c, while simultaneously adjusting to exercise and avoiding hypos!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done, keep up the great work!

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Going to see my endo next week and I think she will be really pleased with me. The last time I saw her I was 4.6 (=27), which she said was too good, and asked me to relax my control a bit. 3 months ago I got up to 4.8 (=29), and I was really happy. Now I am at 5.1 (=32), and am delighted to say that my blood sugar has not been below 3.6 AT ALL for the last three months of my life. I have spent hardly any time at all below 4 (the occasional mild low was always back up to safe levels pretty quickly). I am thrilled with this achievement! The last time I saw my endo, I was not doing any exercise since I always got low. I am proud to say I am now walking for 30-45min most days of the week, it takes a lot of effort to make sure I won't get low but I can do it! I am so pleased that I have obtained an excellent HbA1c, while simultaneously adjusting to exercise and avoiding hypos!
That's brilliant.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No hypos too. Fantastic insulin control. Whatever your doing its surely working. For a type1 its even more fantastic. I appreciate how quickly things can change.
I had slow metabolism so my changes in bgs are slow too. Your digestion must be superb too.
Well done. ☺

Reactions: dbr10

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Great job, Phdiabetic!! You have worked really hard to achieve this and long may it continue!! From some of your other posts, if I recall you felt pretty down at times, especially about not being able to exercise without hypos, so I am so happy for you! Hopefully some of the other t1s will be encouraged by your results and realize that life doesn't end just because one has T1! Keep going! Blessings/L