5 weeks into it.....

vivkaroo

Dislikes
Grumpy people, being bored, Bad weather. smoking
hi everone i got the collins low carb book its like my little diary good luck everyone counting carbs that book is like my little bible :D see you vivkaroo

vivkaroo

Dislikes
Grumpy people, being bored, Bad weather. smoking
you can get the bergen bread with cranberries its lovely tesco usually have it xx cant get rid of that edit thing i have tried not very good on my computer x

carlos

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
people with no sense of humor and take life to serious
ive been trying hovis nimble only8.1 carbs per slice and two slices dont seem to spike it to much have also just tried an atkins low carb choc bar as only 16 carbs and 1.1 sugar will see what effect this has in about 2 hours but eh 1st treat in over six week

samcogle

carlos said:
ive been trying hovis nimble only8.1 carbs per slice and two slices dont seem to spike it to much have also just tried an atkins low carb choc bar as only 16 carbs and 1.1 sugar will see what effect this has in about 2 hours but eh 1st treat in over six week
Oh yes let us know how that goes as I could murder a little treat. I am so hungry today and don't know why :?

samcogle

Aadrgon said:
samcogle said:
I could murder a little treat.

I could murder any bag of small chocolate confectionery :lol:
I have an urge for a pasty plus I work at a college and all the students are wandering round with chips and you can smell the vinegar....ooooh followed by a large confectionery treat :D

samcogle

Aadrgon said:
samcogle said:
I have an urge for a pasty

Don't remind me - I haven't had a pasty for months :(
Me neither. I now want fish and chips haha! I am having such a bad day but ignoring the grumbling belly and thinking of the new trim me :lol:
Sorry I appear to have derailled this thread :oops:

Malc Bury

Hi Folks,

Been working away, only just got back onto this....I am amazed at how the threads developed! WOW :eek:

I've been checking my levels at various times of the day and how things affect it...this is what I've found so far.......

Fancy Fish and Chips from the chippy - go for it, but ask for a small chips and leave half of them!
Behave the next day to balance it out.

Dry spirits and Slimline mixers? - what better excuse do you need to get happy on G & Ts :D

Had the drinks and want a Kebab? Ask for chicken or lamb skewers - they're done on a hot plate. Tell them you dont want the Pitta or Naan, just to put it in a tray with salad topping and have a squirt of chilli and garlic sauce. Doesn't put the sugar level up by hardly anything!

Most of the changes that i've made to my diet havent really bothered me that much but I love the idea of Cauli and butter mashed... but will my mates still speak to me after the event??? LOL.

Wholemeal bread is a definite 'YUK' but Granary rolls - love em. (even without butter - great with soup).

I'll just keep badgering away at various combinations but I have to admit that I'm feeling a lot better in myself by watching what I eat and not filling myself with c**p!

Be good out there!

samcogle

I like your idea for fish and chips...may have to try that one :)
I tried a little bit of pasta again last night as it seemed to make my levels go up quite high [could have been the amont though], but after 2 hours they were fine.
I tried the cauli and butter and it was ok but got a bit sickly half way through... no windy wallops after either so you should be ok :lol: