6 monthly result

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hy not posted in fair while.Recieved a text from GP this morning stating my results significantly better than last time and continue on current regime til next test in June.
I moved surgery last year from my old one which was superb until swallowed up by something called Modality group. New surgery is good but small and quite old fashioned (which is a good thing compared to the monstrosity of what old place became)
Only negative is the new place dosent allow you to read test results on your NHS app but they are in process of modernising that as it becomes compulsory next year i believe?
Anyway my last set of results sat at 55 bg.
5.7 cholestorol. Was diagnosed April 2020 with level of 124. I actually got down to 51 but fell off the low carb wagon a bit and crept back to 55.
Rang up for more details today and 49 bg and 5.2 cholestorol. The ldl/hdl trigs etc much improved ratio. I've asked for a print out to properly understand them. Generally good news though as i know i can improve my diet and alcohol intake as have cut corners this last year or so.So going into new year i find myself motivated to break under 43 next time.
The new diabetic nurse changed my meds about 6 month ago from 4 Sukkarto a day to 1 Sukkarto a day and a weekly injection of Trulicity. This seems to have helped and certainly stopped my regular battle with bouts of stomach upset the met caused me.
Breaking under 50 has certainly renewed my resolve..

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hy not posted in fair while.Recieved a text from GP this morning stating my results significantly better than last time and continue on current regime til next test in June.
I moved surgery last year from my old one which was superb until swallowed up by something called Modality group. New surgery is good but small and quite old fashioned (which is a good thing compared to the monstrosity of what old place became)
Only negative is the new place dosent allow you to read test results on your NHS app but they are in process of modernising that as it becomes compulsory next year i believe?
Anyway my last set of results sat at 55 bg.
5.7 cholestorol. Was diagnosed April 2020 with level of 124. I actually got down to 51 but fell off the low carb wagon a bit and crept back to 55.
Rang up for more details today and 49 bg and 5.2 cholestorol. The ldl/hdl trigs etc much improved ratio. I've asked for a print out to properly understand them. Generally good news though as i know i can improve my diet and alcohol intake as have cut corners this last year or so.So going into new year i find myself motivated to break under 43 next time.
The new diabetic nurse changed my meds about 6 month ago from 4 Sukkarto a day to 1 Sukkarto a day and a weekly injection of Trulicity. This seems to have helped and certainly stopped my regular battle with bouts of stomach upset the met caused me.
Breaking under 50 has certainly renewed my resolve..
Congratulations on those results. I look forward to reading the June results. Meanwhile, keep up the good work and Merry (LC) Christmas

Craigmartin

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on those results. I look forward to reading the June results. Meanwhile, keep up the good work and Merry (LC) Christmas

Thankyou.. Really going to do it properly come January.. Thanks to this forum i know what works its just getting your own mindset right.
Sounds daft but after the first year the fear of the condition lessened for me and I started cutting corners.