6 Months On Low Carb , Great Results.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A few options:
  • greek yogurt with nuts
  • cold homemade crustless quiche (keeps for a week in the fridge)
  • cheese and cold meats
I quite often have cold meats and cheese for breakfast, and a simple omelette doesn't take any longer to make than toast and more filling and satisfying, plus no or very low carb depending on how its made.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Started January low carbing because my hc1 120. I was feeling full of pain , feet, back and legs. Had supposedly irritable bowel syndrome. Doctor considered I now needed insulin control and requested urgent appointment with diabetic team. This came through for 4 weeks time. Couldn't wait so went diabetic UK site and joined low carb site and this forum. All I can say is this and everyone's advice on the forum saved my life. I started testing everything I ate as advised, kept to around 30 carbs per day initially and by the time I went to appointment levels were back down to 79. Did not require insulin. I have appointment two weeks time and by my readings I am hoping they are down to 59 there about. My tests vary between 5.8 to 7.5 after eating. I still have a way to go but feel so well now and the bonus is I am 42 pounds lighter.
SO THANK YOU for the support and great advice x
Brilliant results well done.

Del253

Started January low carbing because my hc1 120. I was feeling full of pain , feet, back and legs. Had supposedly irritable bowel syndrome. Doctor considered I now needed insulin control and requested urgent appointment with diabetic team. This came through for 4 weeks time. Couldn't wait so went diabetic UK site and joined low carb site and this forum. All I can say is this and everyone's advice on the forum saved my life. I started testing everything I ate as advised, kept to around 30 carbs per day initially and by the time I went to appointment levels were back down to 79. Did not require insulin. I have appointment two weeks time and by my readings I am hoping they are down to 59 there about. My tests vary between 5.8 to 7.5 after eating. I still have a way to go but feel so well now and the bonus is I am 42 pounds lighter.
SO THANK YOU for the support and great advice x
Wow that's excellent ... I was looking for someone on the same level mine was 112 my own fault I was taking medication neglecting myself too busy running after others.

I might start cutting out cards and have protein salad/veg I've already cut out my sugars since.. I check my bloods in the morning and the lowest it had been is 11.4 I'd love it to go down to 6 - dream come true

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I often put some toast into the toaster for my husband, then turn around and cook some scrambled eggs and something from the fridge, and have it on the plate ready to eat before the toaster pops - admittedly it is using frozen bread, as otherwise the last half dozen slices go mouldy, but it is a double win situation really.
I even have time to start the coffee percolator going in the same time interval.

Reactions: Alison Campbell