6 months on this road

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday 6th. and my second 3 monthly visit to my diabetic nurse (just over six months since diagnosis on 31/05/16).

No blood test until next time because, she tells me, they usually run the battery of tests every six months.

I took along my food diary and the test log from my meter and she had a look at both, we discussed my diet and she seemed quite interested in the level of carbs I was including and my general diet strategy. We also looked through my test log and I explained that I'd bought a meter and test strips myself so I could check what foods would cause me a problem and what wouldn't, and, that I test my fasting every morning and test around meals if I eat something I'm not sure of. She was very happy not to see anything in double digits.

She weighed me in at 119.8Kg with just my shoes removed, so that's me happy as well as the nurse. Still a long way to go, but, I consider myself to be on a lifelong path.

The only caveat the nurse made about my diet was that she felt I need to set a higher calorie target during the colder months so that I am eating enough. I have to go back in three months and have a blood test before the appointment.

All in all though I felt she was supportive and quite interested in my Low Carb Healthy Fat strategy.

I'm very thankful that I found this forum, your support and advice has been a huge help to my progress :happy:
thank you all again :)

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
The only caveat the nurse made about my diet was that she felt I need to set a higher calorie target during the colder months so that I am eating enough.
If you are not hungry (and you shouldn't be on LCHF) you are eating enough, so don't worry about it and don't force down extras that you don't need.
I'm sure you are heading in the right direction. Keep up the good work.
Sally

Reactions: Tabbyjoolz