6 weeks!!

mf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. I had my dating scan yest and I'm 6 weeks pregnant!! This is my first so I'm feeling a bit nervous. I'v had laser in both my eyes 4 times since last August and I'm due back to the hospital in a few weeks. Does been pregnant affect your eye sight/ worsen it???

jade88

Hi MF congratulations on your pregnancy! I had slight retinal changes whilst pregnant but corrected itself once I'd had my baby - although I hadn't had any issues with eyes prior to pregnancy so not sure if that makes a difference? All diabetics have regular eye check ups whilst pregnant so they will keep a close eye on you! xxx

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

mf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks jade88 for the reply. I'm just really paranoid about everything! I spend most evenings on pregnancy forums and on Dr Google! X

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks jade88 for the reply. I'm just really paranoid about everything! I spend most evenings on pregnancy forums and on Dr Google! X

Congratulations! However slow down with the pregnancy forums and dr Google! You don't want to frighten yourself.....

hornplayer

Congratulations! ( I scared myself the minute I found out how babies actually got out of mummy's tummy. I must have been about eight or nine...... )
The very best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum

mf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys!!! Struggling a bit with bloods today. Keeping it under 10 is tuff Never mind 7.5 post meals!!

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks guys!!! Struggling a bit with bloods today. Keeping it under 10 is tuff Never mind 7.5 post meals!!

I did a lot of correction doses in pregnancy to keep in tight control. I found my bloods were higher to start with, then had lots of pregnancy lows, then higher for the rest of the pregnancy. If you're prepared, it makes it less scary. Test lots and react as necessary : )

mf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last 2 days hav been awful. I'm nearly doubling my insulin and nothing happens then all of a sudden I'm hypo, I take treatment and I'm sky high again. I'v changed my sites, insulin! I'm do drained and only 7 weeks 2 days

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last 2 days hav been awful. I'm nearly doubling my insulin and nothing happens then all of a sudden I'm hypo, I take treatment and I'm sky high again. I'v changed my sites, insulin! I'm do drained and only 7 weeks 2 days
*hugs* It seems to be so difficult to control our bloods. I'm about a week behind you and also struggling....

mf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today has been a bit better. But still not perfect! Roseofsharon how are u feeling today x

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey @mf glad today has been a bit better, today weirdly I can say I had almost no symptoms, so guess I'm ok. Thing is I nearly cried my eyes out after the work situation this afternoon. Anyway my bloods seemed ok today.

Have you had your booking in appointment yet?

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey @mf glad today has been a bit better, today weirdly I can say I had almost no symptoms, so guess I'm ok. Thing is I nearly cried my eyes out after the work situation this afternoon. Anyway my bloods seemed ok today.

Have you had your booking in appointment yet?
Hey hope your ok? What was wrong at work?

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, yes I'm fine!

Basically I was on an agency job in the NHS, the woman phoned up AFTER I had left to say I wouldn't fit into the team - nothing said to my face! So after one day, I had no job, yet again!

mf

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@RoseofSharon I hav it in 2 weeks! Don't really know what to expect really!! Awh hope u find something better x

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@RoseofSharon I hav it in 2 weeks! Don't really know what to expect really!! Awh hope u find something better x

It's nothing to worry about (honestly I've been through the booking in appointment before). Just be prepared that you need to know your health information in detail! https://www.tommys.org/pregnancy-information/i’m-pregnant/antenatal-care/booking-appointment that's s good overview. Don't stress an my advice is to take notes of anything you feel you don't wanna forget however you do need to know a little of your family health as well as your own.

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You're welcome. I have my pregnancy notes so can point you in the right direction if you need to know anything.