640g

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys, I've finally received my 640g upgrade, been told by diabetes team I can play about with it but not to set it up and put it on myself.. I get that some patients may not be able to do it correctly but I've copied everything over from my old pump, paired new bg monitor, so I don't see why I can't just switch over to it now? They can't get an appointment to get those with a new pump in until late October, my current pump is out of warranty which is why I would rather get it put on, has anyone just put their own on before?

Abbie

D

Deleted Account

I have not put a 640g on but when my Animas broke recently, I setup the replacement myself with no problems.
I confess I checked and double checked my settings then did extra testing on the day of the new pump just in case.
In your situation, I would feel more comfortable with a pump under warranty.

Reactions: kitedoc

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@Mrsass - I have had to set up a new pump myself after one failed admittedly it was the same model, but also given the same circumstances and knowing my ratios then I would do the same again.

Reactions: kitedoc and Mrsass

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks guys, I'm confident with my pump and was used to swapping and changing settings when I was pregnant so I'm not nervous of putting the new one on I think there is a few extra things on the new one compared to my old one but it's nothing I need to use so don't see why I can't put it on... so I will thanks x

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Perhaps speak with your dsn to explain why you wish to start on the new pump.
That way at least you have kept your health team in the loop.

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks guys, I'm confident with my pump and was used to swapping and changing settings when I was pregnant so I'm not nervous of putting the new one on I think there is a few extra things on the new one compared to my old one but it's nothing I need to use so don't see why I can't put it on... so I will thanks x
If you're confident in using it, I see no reason to wait. It's your body, after all. Use YouTube videos if you need any explainers on inserting new cannulas. But, like others have said, let them know you're doing it and why, to be courteous.