6mm Syringes

stronggirl_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello. Getting desperate! Does anyone still use the BD 6mm syringes here in the UK? I am having trouble locating them. Where can we get some and any luck with availability on the NHS? Many thanks in advance. Mother to 7 year old daughter with type 1 diabetes.

Dairygrade

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having diabetes
Hi stronggirl bd still do the syringes your after or you can get them from Amazon no idea about nhs availability hope this helped?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Do you really mean syringes or needles for cartridge pens? My chemist gave me 5mm needles rather than 4mm by mistakes a few months back so stocks those and I suspect 6mm needles. Excuse me commenting but 6mm seems surprisingly large as many like myself are now on 4mm?

stronggirl_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi stronggirl bd still do the syringes your after or you can get them from Amazon no idea about nhs availability hope this helped?

Hello Dairygrade, BD have told me that they don't currently manufacture the 6mm here in the UK. I wondered if anyone was getting around this.

Last edited:

stronggirl_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi. Do you really mean syringes or needles for cartridge pens? My chemist gave me 5mm needles rather than 4mm by mistakes a few months back so stocks those and I suspect 6mm needles. Excuse me commenting but 6mm seems surprisingly large as many like myself are now on 4mm?

Hello Daibell, no I mean BD 6mm syringes. Long story short we have come back from the USA on these. Been using for 18 months since diagnosis. Morphing over to the UK system, we have tried both the 4mm and 5mm needles with the pen which hasn't allowed us the tight control that we are used to.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Try Owen Mumford I know they do 6mm pen needles.they are called tricare and they fit nearly all pens.