7.2 after eating and I had a steroid injection today also

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was 6.7 before my meal and 7.2 after two hours, was expecting a huge rise because of the injection I had today for bursitis of the knee.
I'm pleased it hasn't affected me , the pain has gone for the first time in weeks, I'm not allowed to walk today so the 7.2 is good I think taking that into consideration .

Tomorrow I am going to walk after tea get back into the routine as didn't walk last night either because of the pain .

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
May I ask, did you have a local anaesthetic before having the steroid injection?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was 6.7 before my meal and 7.2 after two hours, was expecting a huge rise because of the injection I had today for bursitis of the knee.
I'm pleased it hasn't affected me , the pain has gone for the first time in weeks, I'm not allowed to walk today so the 7.2 is good I think taking that into consideration .

Tomorrow I am going to walk after tea get back into the routine as didn't walk last night either because of the pain .

I've had a number of steroid injections, in my (tennis) elbow, a sacral joint, a knee a couple of times, and my right thumb, a couple of times. Actusally more than I thought!

In my case, it was bliss until the local anaesthetic wore off, then a couple of days or horrid pain, then the sites settle for varrying time frames.

I haven't had any injections since diagnosis, but it may take a day you rr bloods to go up a bit, so keep an eye on it. Hopefully, it'll help you out.

daisy22

I had a steroid injection in my back last October. My bloods went very high and insulin more than doubled for 4-5 weeks. I also gained 4 kilo in weight which I'm having a job to shift!

Good luck hope you don't have any problems

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had a couple of (cortico)steroid injections in my hand , and have seen almost immediate rises in glucose levels lasting several days. (And, no I didn't need any local anaesthetic for these )

There have been several other threads about steroid injections and their effects.

Robbity

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
May I ask, did you have a local anaesthetic before having the steroid injection?
Nope just the injection at the side of my knee, didn't hurt at all just felt strange as the steroid went in.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had a number of steroid injections, in my (tennis) elbow, a sacral joint, a knee a couple of times, and my right thumb, a couple of times. Actusally more than I thought!

In my case, it was bliss until the local anaesthetic wore off, then a couple of days or horrid pain, then the sites settle for varrying time frames.

I haven't had any injections since diagnosis, but it may take a day you rr bloods to go up a bit, so keep an eye on it. Hopefully, it'll help you out.
Thanks I will do , I am starting physio exercises in a few days to strengthen the knee in the hope i don't have to have more injections. This was not my first choice of treatment , but the pain was so bad i was not able to sleep , I'm only awake now because of a stupid cold virus lol, otherwise i'd be fast off .
No pain or feeling of bruising around the knee , so fingers crossed its going to be okay .
Not tested my blood as yet because I'm going back to bed soon see if i can sleep for a few more hours .
I hope you stay pain free .

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
im really panicking now i do not want to gain weight and scared now .

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 when i woke , just tested and its 5.9 so must be the morning readings that are higher still .

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 before lunch and two hours after 5.7 not understanding that . Thought should be higher after food .

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you're low carbing then it's quite normal to see no rise, or even a slight drop post meal - you'll have eaten few or possibly no carbs to cause a spike.

(My steroid caused increases in levels were higher overall, so both pre and post meal levels were up, but I still didn't necessarily see any carby post meal rise.

And I didn't see any weight gain from my two little jabs.)

Robbity

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you're low carbing then it's quite normal to see no rise, or even a slight drop post meal - you'll have eaten few or possibly no carbs to cause a spike.

(My steroid caused increases in levels were higher overall, so both pre and post meal levels were up, but I still didn't necessarily see any carby post meal rise.

And I didn't see any weight gain from my two little jabs.)

Robbity

that's good news , my waking number was 7.0 today .