***?!?

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
I think that's a sensible response. The fat in the oil and cheese will lower the GI, the fibre in the apple and walnuts and wholemeal flour will also lower the GI, I suspect that if you used only wholemeal flour that would be even better from a GI perspective.

They did miss out one vital choice though, DUK have made us aware of the carbohydrate content, we can see from the types of carbs included in the recipe whether we'd want to eat it, we could always choose NOT to eat it :shock: just something I thought I'd throw into the melting pot.

Regards, Tubs.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Hi cugila
When i was a student, philosophy was a compulsory subject on my course.
Our lecturer died suddenly and when we were informed, our whole group felt guilty, thinking we may have contributed. He was always reducing thinking to maths and logic. We were a bright bunch and enjoyed tieing him in knots.
We did it to a cytology lecturer, too and developed a theory of membrane structures over drinks in the union bar. He never could knock a hole in it. Not surprising, because we beer fueled bunch of under grads had inadvertently and without any evidence described a double layer membrane as is, I think, still, the accepted structure.

C

catherinecherub

Hi butterfly,
It's a shame you had such a baptism of fire when you posted on this thread.
I note that you use the G.I. diet to control your diabetes and judging by your blood sugar numbers it works well for you. It also works well for me and others. Because you don't low carb it does not mean that you cannot express your views and they are as valid as anyone else's so please don't give up on the forum. Your excellent control may help others and I am sure that there will be questions that you need to ask at some time. It can be pretty hectic on here at times when subjects draw out the passion in people about their methods of control. What often gets forgotten is that we all have to acknowledge that methods other than the one that we are employing is also available to diabetics.
I agree with you that D.U.K. does a lot of valid work. The recipes may not be O.K. for all but until
there is much more research into low carb diets they will not be popular. G.I. control was frowned upon as late as 2005 here and medics were still concened about it then and yet it had been used successfully in the late 90' worldwide. It takes time for opinions to change. More enlightened Drs were using it as a tool for diabetes here in the U.K. and it was recommended to me by my health care team in 2003 so they are not all backward. Who knows low carbs may be the way forward very soon.
I am glad that you use Rick Gallop's books for your management. So many low G.I. foods are not suitable for diabetics and he lets you know what are.

Regards,
Catherine.