9.7 Reading Help

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Then again, I just tested and my reading was 27.8!!!

A bit of mild panic and washing my hands brought it down to 7.6. Phew! Goodness only knows where my hands had been.

Brie912

Blood sugars can take a while to settle down once you start treatment. It'll likely stay high for a couple of weeks and gradually lower. I find that if I don't eat my blood sugar can go up anyway so I don't starve myself. And if I don't eat I don't have a lot of energy and won't go do anything to burn calories and bring blood sugar down. Metformin is supposed to be taken with food but if you're continuing to have side effects, talk to your nurse/doctor about it. You're doing great so far!

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
It’s a bumpy road. Stay calm and stick to the right diet. There are days when the graph just goes a bit mental.
Obviously learn from the spikes but don’t sweat them too much.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey 10 minutes ago i had a reading of 9.8 possible I have ony had a little tuna ALL DAY and having even eaten apart from the tuna, how is this reading even possible. i Thought maybe a dody strip so retried but was still 9.2

I have heard if we eat protein and no carbohydrate, the body will convert the protein into carbohydrate. This may or may not be the reason for the blood glucose you had of 9.7 or 9.8.

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I rushed off to my doctor in a panic last week when I got a reading of 9.1, which was my first "red high" reading in two months. (I was diagnosed in July so still learning.) She wasn't even concerned. Sometimes you can get random spikes. I hadn't eaten in 15 hours so it wasn't anything I'd eaten. Possibly a liver dump. Keep testing and don't worry about random spikes. :)