1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

A big thank you

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by Dpaterson9, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Dpaterson9

Dpaterson9 · Member

Hi all,
    I thank all for you're kind replies on my thread. I have made a lot of changes to my diet and started running again. Yesterday I bought a glucometer and took readings yesterday and today. I hope they're ok.
    Yesterday: before dinner - 5.9 after - (roughly two hours) 5.9. At 21.44 - 5.8 at 00.10 (just before sleep) - 5.3.

Today: waking up - 5.3. After a breakfast were I had a cup of tea with 1 sugar (I won't normally do this just wanted to see how it affected me) and two sachets of porridge - 7.6.

Like I said, I hope these are ok. It seems that my blood sugar is getting lower from the doctors test so have to keep on with my diet and exercise and hopefully can reverse this

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Great progress, congratulations! You are aiming for a rise of, or less than, 2.0 mmol/l, so with the sugar and porridge you were, unsurprisingly, over that. But not half as much as I would've personally expected!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. aealexandrou

aealexandrou Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I would strongly recommend you ditch the porridge aswell as the sugar. The porridge is just another form of sugar. When you start the day with sugar you start thst sugar craving. Have a couple of eggs with say some salmon or bacon instead. You will find that losing the processed carbs will pay dividends on your BSL.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Bishop

Bishop · Well-Known Member

Hello
    Keep up the good work. If you learn to have a clean diet and you exercise, you can stay away from problems.
    Here is a good option for a low carb breakfast. That is just an idea you can start to diversify to whatever works for you but you need to stay away from carbs as much as possible.

Good luck!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook