A big thank you

Dpaterson9

Hi all,
I thank all for you're kind replies on my thread. I have made a lot of changes to my diet and started running again. Yesterday I bought a glucometer and took readings yesterday and today. I hope they're ok.
Yesterday: before dinner - 5.9 after - (roughly two hours) 5.9. At 21.44 - 5.8 at 00.10 (just before sleep) - 5.3.

Today: waking up - 5.3. After a breakfast were I had a cup of tea with 1 sugar (I won't normally do this just wanted to see how it affected me) and two sachets of porridge - 7.6.

Like I said, I hope these are ok. It seems that my blood sugar is getting lower from the doctors test so have to keep on with my diet and exercise and hopefully can reverse this

Reactions: Bluetit1802

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
I thank all for you're kind replies on my thread. I have made a lot of changes to my diet and started running again. Yesterday I bought a glucometer and took readings yesterday and today. I hope they're ok.
Yesterday: before dinner - 5.9 after - (roughly two hours) 5.9. At 21.44 - 5.8 at 00.10 (just before sleep) - 5.3.

Today: waking up - 5.3. After a breakfast were I had a cup of tea with 1 sugar (I won't normally do this just wanted to see how it affected me) and two sachets of porridge - 7.6.

Like I said, I hope these are ok. It seems that my blood sugar is getting lower from the doctors test so have to keep on with my diet and exercise and hopefully can reverse this
Great progress, congratulations! You are aiming for a rise of, or less than, 2.0 mmol/l, so with the sugar and porridge you were, unsurprisingly, over that. But not half as much as I would've personally expected!

aealexandrou

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise
Hi all,

I would strongly recommend you ditch the porridge aswell as the sugar. The porridge is just another form of sugar. When you start the day with sugar you start thst sugar craving. Have a couple of eggs with say some salmon or bacon instead. You will find that losing the processed carbs will pay dividends on your BSL.

Bishop

Hello
Keep up the good work. If you learn to have a clean diet and you exercise, you can stay away from problems.
Here is a good option for a low carb breakfast. That is just an idea you can start to diversify to whatever works for you but you need to stay away from carbs as much as possible.

Good luck!