a bit of forum advice

theonlysbf

Morning people
I have until quite recently been quite well with my Diabetes, although I still hate that I have it, I have got on with it.

My drug regime was Sitagliptin 100mg, Metformin sr 1500mg, Bisoprolol 2.5 mg, Amlodipine 10mg, Ezetimibe 10mg, Perindopril 4mg, HBA1C 7.4. Blood pressure avg 80/130. No real side effects (except for an outburst of thrush) the drug treatment was I thought okay.
I had my annual HBAIC and got a letter and a prescription stopping Sitagliptin 100mg and changing to Gliclazide 40mg, and asking me to repeat the HBA1C in 3 months. The letter also explained that it was not about cost but the best treatment etc, I trust my GP totally. I have just done the repeat HBA1C and will review on the 18th.
First 4 week prescription was good, BG almost immediately went down, with AM readings averaging 5, I did have a couple of never before experienced 4's That is not a good place to be. Since then my health has deteriorated rapidly I have a continuous head ache, joint pain in shoulders, elbows and hands, low blood pressure, sleep disturbance, 3 migraines in 2 months I have not had these since I was 15, quite disturbing to get those back, Stomach pain and back pain. quite honestly I have never felt this ill in my life.
The side effects listed in Gliclazide 40mg don't list how I feel, has anyone felt this bad taking Sulfonylurea tablets.
Thanks for reading

tizzy

Hi you could check that the meds you are on don't interact badly with each other some GPS don't always know or check this just saying its worth investigating also ring the actual drug supplier or pharmacist they some times are more informed it can even be not the drugs themselves but what they bind them with so not always on the side effect list if your not happy go back and ask to try something else good luck

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
That was exactly how Glic got to me. Within days of changing from the Glic, I returned to my usual feelings.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello theonlysbf,

Mods, I'm sorry, but I know this is off topic for this forum and expect a reminder to only post on topic.

Regarding the frequent migraine attacks, my hubby who is not diabetic discovered that the additives in bulk manufactured bread caused him to suffer debilitating back to back migraines. Since baking his own bread he has only suffered one migraine in six months. He has even returned to consuming cheese without triggering a migraine.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Blimey Amber, why do you feel the need to apologise? You are only offering advice.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Ambersilva said:
Hello theonlysbf,

Mods, I'm sorry, but I know this is off topic for this forum and expect a reminder to only post on topic.

Regarding the frequent migraine attacks, my hubby who is not diabetic discovered that the additives in bulk manufactured bread caused him to suffer debilitating back to back migraines. Since baking his own bread he has only suffered one migraine in six months. He has even returned to consuming cheese without triggering a migraine.

Ambersilva .

No need to apologise at 'all' - as it IS within the OP post and topic.
Interesting and helpful post towards the OP also :thumbup:

Anna .

theonlysbf

well after a trip to the doctors
I got this news after 3 months on Gliclazide 40mg

hba1c down from 7.4 > 6.4 (lowest since diagnosis)
total cholesterol down from 5.9 > 4.5 (lowest since diagnosis)
kidneys normal
liver normal
weight down 8lbs

Still feel like complete **** GP thinks its because my body is just not used to having sugar levels this low. Going to preserve for another 28 days then review fingers crossed, really pleased with the numbers though.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
theonlysbf said:
.............. GP thinks its because my body is just not used to having sugar levels this low................

That's true by other information I've read.
Hang on in there for a while and see, if could well be true after all.