A choice has been made

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just come out of my appointment to look at the pumps I can choose. Went with the Medtronic 640G, was already leaning towards it but seeing the Accu-chek Insight's handset in action just solidified my decision. Looking at a May hookup if not sooner. Very happy and excited!!!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Exciting news @jimmysmith I use the 640g and am very happy with it, it's a great pump (but then it's the only one i've ever used !!)

jimmysmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Exciting news @jimmysmith I use the 640g and am very happy with it, it's a great pump (but then it's the only one i've ever used !!)
Thanks. I'll admit that I'm equal parts excited and terrified. It all sounds so much to learn but I want to try it

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Thanks. I'll admit that I'm equal parts excited and terrified. It all sounds so much to learn but I want to try it

Oh don't be terrified honestly, it's such a game changer and becomes such a tiny aspect of your diabetes once you get used to it :)

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I only started pump therapy on Monday @jimmysmith believe me I was just like you, but the results I am seeing in just 5 days is life changing. Honestly, it's the best thing I did. I went for the Insight. Good luck:happy: