A cocktail of supplements

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have found Green tea to taste like warm pond water... It's not for me.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Patch said:

I don't think it is to everyone's liking, it is a aquired taste. I use Heath and Heathers Green Tea and Lemon Grass, absolutely delicious with the taste of lemon grass, do try it Patch, see if it changes your view.

Nigel

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I can imagine that Lemongrass would improve the taste 10 fold! I'll keep an eye out for it - thanks for the heads up...

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Patch said:

I've never tried warm pond water, though I enjoy pond dipping - with a fine net, not in person.

I have my green tea as green blend & alternate with red bush
icon_coffee26at.gif
Precious :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Patch said:
I can imagine that Lemongrass would improve the taste 10 fold! I'll keep an eye out for it - thanks for the heads up...

I get mine at Holland and Barrett, normally around £1.10p for a box of 20. They often have offers on where you buy one get second 1/2 price. The ingredients on the pack states: Green tea (63%) Lemon peel, Lemon grass (10%) . Worth trying, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Nigel

adm

Reviving an old thread.....

I've been drinking a lot of tea recently - mainly whole leaf green tea, but also "Pu Ehr" tea (bad name, i know) but it's apparently reputed to lower cholesterol levels and assist in weight loss. i have no opinion either way, but I enjoy the taste. I currently drink 2-3 litres per day. Mainly because I've got a 1 litre teapot....

There's a company called Nothing But Tea that offer a wide selection of excellent teas online - and have some really good sample collections so you can get to taste a whole range of strange teas for a fair price.

I have no idea how tea affects diabetes, so please don't take this post as any kind of recommendation, but i just like drinking it! My current favourite is "Exotic Pu Ehr" which is Pu Ehr tea with citrus, berries etc...... very tasty indeed.