A couple of newbie questions

zacthedog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Injections,
I know for me its far too early to read anything in to my mmol/l tests but yesterday morning, I had a farsting reading of 17.8, two cups of tea, four Belvita breakfast biscuits (which will be stopping soon) which are around 37g of carbs (think its'g') did a load of manual work which i am not used to, a fair bit of driving on unfamiliar roads, took another test before dinner expecting to see a drop and the result was 18.6mmol/l ?

Also this morning i had a stonking migraine, expected (hoped to see a change) but was 16.2, would have thought the migraine would have had a major effect? I have been a migrain sufferer for 5 years, but now i am diabetic i am coming off the tablets for the migraines as they effect the blood sugars, and may have been a contributor to getting diabetes, but no doctor is ever going to admit that, not with the chocolate i was eating anyway.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If the 4 biscuits are 37g of carbs then its 17g over my daily carb allowance and still not surprised your sugars are rising :(

Sorry about your migraines, the wife gets them and they are triggered by food .. simple foods like tea, red wine, sweet&sour sauce, avocado & chocolate to name a few. This could be a good time to change your way of eating .. writing down everything you eat and you bs numbers .. also if you have a migraine .. then its possible to track what may be causing them.

When you get your bs under control you may find your migraines reduce anyway.
I hope you can try the LCHF way of eating .. it can really reduce your blood sugar numbers, and if you have weight to loose will help with that.. remember ..if you eat fat you don't need to store fat .. So a good fried breakfast is way better than a biscuit ..But no potatoes or bread with that :)

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may find reducing your glucose levels will reduce both migraine severity and frequency as well - I've had migraines most of my life, and mine have improved greatly since starting a low carb diet.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people