A funny old 4 months!.. but what have I done?

meoman

Type 2 Diabetic for many years. Used this wonderful forum extensively at the turn of the year.

Work situation (lost job) made it imperative that I down size the house.... as below..

-Started the house sale process early Feb. Had also just come off a wonderful Slimming World 3 months.
-Spruced the house up (lots of decorating).
-Interested buyer had many 'do this' things that I had to resolve so the property was to his liking.
-Took ages to go through the Conveyancing (2 months).
-Started to look for a smaller house and found one.
-Getting stressed.
-Did the house move myself with help of a small van.
-Moved in and faced the uphill battle to get water, heating etc etc sorted.
-Started decorating house too.
-Some of my money got lost by an Investor (more stress).
-Fridge packed up.
-Working like a trojan and not too healthy food stuff (albeit keeping off the sugars etc etc) as the fridge packing in didnt help!
-About 3 weeks ago started getting pins and needles in the feet bad (and hands). Not gone away since..
- Found my test strips a few days back... buried amongst the house move items!.
- Sugars seem okish. Weight seem stable (lost considerable during slimming world).

QUESTION PLEASE .. Could stress have brought this on?. PINS NEEDLES POOR CIRCULATION FEELINGS?.. FEET SO SORE ALSO..
QUESTION PLEASE .. Could never sitting down for weeks have had a part to play?.
QUESTION PLEASE .. As a Type 2 am I very susceptible to things?

Have a doctors appointment arranged in about 10 days.... Feeling dreadful but need to carry on decorating etc...

Advise appreciated...

Alan S

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snake oil salespeople and other slime who try to profit from our condition.
Possibly you're right and it's stress.

But this is more likely to be at the root of your problems in my lay opinion: "Found my test strips a few days back... buried amongst the house move items!." Don't lose them again - use them: Test, Review, Adjust

You said "Sugars seem okish." Test at the right time, one hour after meals, not two.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would be testing frequently and reading up on the benefits of truly normal BG levels to avoid developing complications (see bloodsugar101 website).

Maybe your doctor will do you an Hba1c test, which should shed more light.

Hope the symptoms disappear.