a gender question

rgarcha

Hi all,

This is a odd but interesting question i just have to ask. I wanted to know, if there are any female diabetics that had diabetes before they got pregnant, and given birth to healthy baby boys?

The reason why i ask this question is, that i have 3 great daughters, through my diabetes, and had 2 miscarriages, which both were boys. I also noticed that alot of members who chat about there children, tend to have little girls. Maybe its just me, but i cant help noticing this fact, that whom ever i chat to that have diabetes, tend to have daughters (female diabetics).

Please note i not trying to offend anyone, so please accept my apologises if someone finds this question offensive.

Jen&Khaleb

Dislikes
Not having enough time. Broken sleep.
I know T1 female parent's with both boys and girls if that helps. There maybe other issues why your boys haven't made it. There are genetic conditions that affect boys and the females are carriers and vice versa. I miscarried (I'm not diabetic) before falling pregnant with Khaleb who has Down's syndrome. There would be a good chance that my miscarriage was due to the same or different genetic problem. Have you thought to get early non-invasive genetic testing or the triple test (blood) done? Have you and your husband/partner been tested for possible problems? Did medical opinion lead you to believe you miscarried because you have diabetes? Miscarrying is so incredibly sad.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I do not know if this is any help, but I was told many years ago that it is the sperm that decides the child's sex: But you may have stumbled on some kind of trend ...I am male and Type 2 after many years of being in the prediabetic class .. I have 3 daughters and the only male was miscarried.

Probably nothing to it, but I can also tell you that my male cousin followed by trend of pre diabetes before T2 and has 2 daughters without a son.

Good luck in trying to find a definite answer.